Lake Trout Video

gutleap

Reaction score
A video I put together of the last 4 lake trout that a buddy and I caught this past week on an Alaskan interior lake.

armystrong13d

Reaction score
Awesome. I recently became addicted to lakers through the ice. Was able to find a remote lake this weekend and my wife landed a respectable 27 incher. Now that we are back from our northern getaway trying to figure out lakes within a few hours of the valley to feed the addiction lol.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417401727058.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417401727058.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 0

8weight

Reaction score
Is that how you handle a fish that youre going to release? Fingers in the gills.

armystrong13d

Reaction score
99 percent of the fish I catch ice fishing I release. In certain cases I'll keep a fish if I feel it is not going to survive. As in this case of the laker my wife caught and the fish had the hook swallowed. Yes I could have cut the line. But I didn't. I kept this fish because of plenty of reasons. No it isn't going to waste yes it is the smoker. Lord have mercy a fish was kept

luv2fishhunt

Reaction score
Wow, that is awesome. Hope to hook into a laker that big someday. Was looking on your web site and you have some other cool videos on there. Would I be too imposing if I asked what software you use to edit/make your videos?

kwackkillncrew

Reaction score
Lake Trout Video

Is that how you handle a fish that youre going to release? Fingers in the gills.

If you grab the out side part of the gilplate I see no problem with that. People wine about taking bows out of the water for pics. Seems like a guy can't even take a picture of a fish with out some sounding the whambulence alarm

By the way awesome fish!

Sent while partying

Alaska swamp man pro staff

8weight

Reaction score
Got no problem with taking photos with fish, I have some my self. Never had to put my fingers in gills though. Plenty of things written about proper fish handling for a photo. Sticking fingers in gills not a good idea.

TeXXaN

Reaction score
Is this harding if so please help me out i would love to catch some big old lakers close to the house.

homerdave

Reaction score
I think most of the big lakers that get their pics posted come out of Lake cantellyou. [emoji85][emoji86][emoji87]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gutleap

Reaction score
Wow, that is awesome. Hope to hook into a laker that big someday. Was looking on your web site and you have some other cool videos on there. Would I be too imposing if I asked what software you use to edit/make your videos?

I use a program called TrakAxPC. Inexpensive and powerful features. They offer a free trial before you purchase. http://www.trakax.com/software/pc/

choq43

Reaction score
I have my own theory on catch and release. I always throw my first fish back. Sometimes it's the only fish I catch and other times it's a real lunker and still it goes back. That said, after the first it's catch and eat.