Kwikfish for Little Su kings

John_Pennell

Reaction score
What size Kwikfish is appropriate for Little Su kings? I picked up a few last week at Fred's, but now I'm thinking I may have bought too small. The ones I bought were K13s and 14s in silver/chartreuse and hot pink.

John

iceblue

Reaction score
Both the K13 and K14 will work just fine in the Little Su. K15 would be a good one to give a try as well.

Personally I never have liked the K14 all that much. Harder to get them to run "true".

Probably will have to run the K13 with a diver were as if you used the K15 you could run it straight (without a diver).

Mag warts are a good plug to use in the Little Su for kings as well.

sheep man

Reaction score
It all depends on water conditions, over the bank and off colored i'd be going with the 16,normal flow k15, low flow down to wiggle warts and k14 and k13,and yes at times the smaller kwikfish tend to not run as straight as 15s and 16s,tune them by turning the eye slightly,and or putting a jet planner on a slider 4 to 6' above your kwikfish....good luck and hope to see ya on the river

fishNphysician

Reaction score
It all depends on water conditions, over the bank and off colored i'd be going with the 16,normal flow k15, low flow down to wiggle warts and k14 and k13,and yes at times the smaller kwikfish tend to not run as straight as 15s and 16s,tune them by turning the eye slightly,and or putting a jet planner on a slider 4 to 6' above your kwikfish....good luck and hope to see ya on the river

MONEY!

Count on it!

John_Pennell

Reaction score
Thanks for the input

Thanks for the input

I'll let you know how I manage in a few more weeks.

ak_powder_monkey

Reaction score
I like wiggle warts a lot better in clear water, although I can't comment on the little su too much though. At the mouth of the talichuitna wiggle warts woked a lot better though.

fishNphysician

Reaction score
I like wiggle warts a lot better in clear water, although I can't comment on the little su too much though.

Once the fishing goes into full swing, you don't have to worry about clear water after about the first hour.

Folks think the Kenai has a turbidity problem, but WHOA, the Little Su is in a class all its own. What with giant sleds and 150-200 HP motors racing up and down a creek most five year olds could throw a rock across? :confused:

Latest posts