Kuiu Yukon pants Vs. Sitka Timberline pants for bear hunt

Ak-pilot

Reaction score
I sold my sitka gear for a set of yukons. The yukons will be better in the waterproof department, the timberline maybe more comfy climbing mountains? I'd choose kuiu for hunting on kodiak any day

907backcountry

Reaction score
I used the Timberlines sheep hunting last year. They are a very comfortable pant with a tighter athletic fit but are a little short lengthwise for someone over 6'. I used them with the Sitka gaiters and had no complaints at all but I agree the Yukons would be a little better in the waterproof department.

'Ike'

Reaction score
I used my TimberLine's everyday last year on POW and will do so again this year...Knees and butt are waterproof and fit is excellent...I'm 6'1 and wear the tall which s perfect, plus...

AKmyles

Reaction score
I have quite a bit of Kuiu gear, and I having nothing but good things to say about it. Only negative is that alot of things are often backordered on their site.

Dexter Grayson

Reaction score
I have the timberlines and love them, super comfortable. Only thing I dislike about them is the front pockets, they are not easy to stick a big hand into. I have no experience with kuiu, but I hear it's legit. I don't think you'll go wrong either way.

xcrnr

Reaction score
I have the Yukon pants and have sat in pouring rain on my knees and rear without ever getting wet. They're tough, waterproof, and fairly comfy. They're not the best for hiking long distances, but amazing in Kodiak weather. I'll be taking mine to Kodiak in November for a goat / deer hunt.

alottabs

Reaction score
Tupper Lake, NEW YORK IN THE CENTER OF THE ADIROND
I have the Yukon pants and have sat in pouring rain on my knees and rear without ever getting wet. They're tough, waterproof, and fairly comfy. They're not the best for hiking long distances, but amazing in Kodiak weather. I'll be taking mine to Kodiak in November for a goat / deer hunt.

Just ordered a pair of Kuiu Yukon pants. Had a hard time parting with 310.00 but I did it. Hope they get to me in 3 weeks!!!! Thanks to everyone for the help.

xcrnr

Reaction score
KUIU is pretty fast on shipping. I would bet you se your pants in about 5 days.