Kodiak Rainbows?

biglou001

Reaction score
I usually take a trip down to Kodiak to fish for silvers toward the last week of September. I fish the road system. I've never tried to fish for rainbows there and thought maybe this year I'd try. Was wondering if anyone had any good advice for where to fish and what to use. I figure it'd be like fishing the Kenai with beads and flesh flies, but would like to get others opinions and advice. Looking forward to going down this year.....

qkayak

Reaction score
I usually take a trip down to Kodiak to fish for silvers toward the last week of September. I fish the road system. I've never tried to fish for rainbows there and thought maybe this year I'd try. Was wondering if anyone had any good advice for where to fish and what to use. I figure it'd be like fishing the Kenai with beads and flesh flies, but would like to get others opinions and advice. Looking forward to going down this year.....

You will hook a ton of Dollies. They are a lot of fun as well.

AKDuke

Reaction score
I have caught a few rainbows in the Buskin River, just above where the river flows into the Beaver Pond. The Uganik River also has bows, but it is not road accessible. There are many stocked lakes off the road system.

MTguy

Reaction score
There is a lake past the Pasagshak near the missle launch site that has some good rainbows in it.

Latest posts