Knik is getting close

Water_Gremlin

Reaction score
Knik is getting close

Well...... Was it open today? If you see a green 17' Wooldridge Sport Sportjet at the launch stop by and say hi.

Bob the fisher

Reaction score
I been watchin it as well. I think we are all pretty anxious. Accordind to my calender. On May 8, 2012 we made our first run to the glacier. On May 18, 2013 we made our first run to the glacier. Any bets on when the first run will be this year?

HCL

Reaction score
Im going to try and launch this coming weekend, looks like the old bridge is almost doeable.

kylejohnson

Reaction score
im gonna try and get my boat finished by next weekend hopefully make a run really soon . the launch looks doable at the knik if you wanna launch on ice the old bridge is good to go i hear i launched super early last year and got really stuck thay sand is terrible . and the water is shallow a long ways out .

HCL

Reaction score
Kyle, Thanks for the info, i will not get into water with truck on the knik and try to stay on gravel. Maybe i will ride atv down there and check things out good before i get too excited.
Mike

HCL

Reaction score
Will do, last years run was a hoot. Cold but alot of fun.
Even if we have to wait a few weeks to do some sort of get-together and run to glacier i am always up for that to. Already been talking to a few folks about making that run as soon as launch is good.

skybust

Reaction score
Ill be getting my boat ready on Friday that way when it opens Im ready

taylorpolaris

Reaction score
I would like to go out with other boaters assuming my boat would make it. I have not gotten to use my boat much last year. please keep this post posted.

kylejohnson

Reaction score
iv been tellin a bunch of people, im not gonna be able to go this weekend ill have to wait till next

andweav

Reaction score
Not sure how far you could have gone but the ice on the main channel went from a bunch to nothing today. Think there still may be an ice shelf over by the launch? This being at the main hwy bridge. I'd love to get out if anyone has an open seat pm me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tjm

Reaction score
10 am today

e9uge3yd.jpg

Doable with a little work...if I had a boat It would have been on the water today :)

Water_Gremlin

Reaction score
Knik is getting close

For those wondering, the entire launch is open.

Upstream the water is low. Probably the lowest I've ever seen it, still nothing hairy as long as you keep out of the side channels. There are old railroad pilings to watch out for under the railroad bridge. I took the open second opening to the left and immediately cut to the right. There is some ice floating downriver but again nothing unavoidable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk