Kings in Whittier?

Kardinal_84

Reaction score
Nice!!!! That's what this thread needed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JR2

Reaction score
Ok, lets get this thread back on track. There are a lot of chums in PWS but some kings as well. We ended up with 8 this weekend.

That is one nice looking king, down by Montague I assume?

Sent from my phone while I should be working.

bkbaker

Reaction score
Woot!! Woot!! Thats what I'm talking about. You look like your back is to the Sound and you're facing Hawaii right now. I haven't run that far this year. Beautiful fish!!

AKluvr95

Reaction score
Nice job! Looks like Monte Straights to me with eastern tip of Green Is to the north.
Took troll gear out there and wanted to try for kings but bear hunting and shrimp took priority again.
We will be back for a couple more trips this month and prospecting for Kings is high on the list.
Feel free to PM me with any details you're willing to share. One thing I'm most interested in is depth. Not having trolled for Kings [only Silvers] I hear you have to go pretty deep. I plan on trolling herring/hootchie and flasher as I've seen what I believe were Kings chasing my halibut bait to the surface out toward Port Chalmers. We have the cabin rented mid July but I was planning on seeking out Silvers during this time.
I called PWSAC a couple times to attempt to find information on their remote King release program. I always feel like I'm getting the same old song and dance with them. The person you need to talk to is not here can I get your number and have him call you back? Did you talk to ADFG yet? They never call back and yes, of course I've spoken to ADFG. Do you feel like this was an enhanced fisheries [forget what they coin it ~ cost recovery?] fish or a transient headed to Copper River or points elsewhere?
P.S. I'm hoping you're not going to say you were out on the "shelf" west of Monte because my boat/range is pretty small it that big water ~ things would have to be just perfect.

Ok, lets get this thread back on track. There are a lot of chums in PWS but some kings as well. We ended up with 8 this weekend.

FISHFACE

Reaction score
Luvr,

Where Jim caught that/ those fish it's not very deep at all and the middle of the water column seems to produce the best fishing. As for where he was I've seen smaller boats(26' and less) out there, but I sure wouldn't be in one. That area can have some of the worst water in the sound.

Good luck that fishery has only a few more weeks before its done.