Ketchikan or Sitka roadside fishing?

biglou001

Reaction score
Anyone fish Ketchikan or Sitka roadside fisheries? I'd like to travel to one of these 2 places and try my luck and would love some insight on either place. Just want to try something different where there isn't as much fishing pressure. Any info would be appreciated.

Troy Sharp

Reaction score
Ward creek and ketchikan creek for ktown. Sitka has a few as well and some good lakes with trout. Id personally go to wrangell, kupreanof, chichigof, or pow before ketchikan or sitka for roadside. When are you going and what type of fishing?

biglou001

Reaction score
Ward creek and ketchikan creek for ktown. Sitka has a few as well and some good lakes with trout. Id personally go to wrangell, kupreanof, chichigof, or pow before ketchikan or sitka for roadside. When are you going and what type of fishing?
Thanks for the info. I'd like to go around mid June. No dates set in stone. Can you tell me about the other areas you mentioned.

steelguy

Reaction score
If you decide on Wrangell, maybe I can help. Steelhead in May, pinks in August and silver salmon in August/September is very good, I will put you on top of the fish. Cut throat are always lots of fun and again, I can help with exactly where they can be found. I can also recommend a guide or do-it-yourself off island locations to find June kings and lots more.
Good luck and have fun! And stay safe

biglou001

Reaction score
I watched a bunch of videos on POW and I think I'm gonna plan a trip there. Anyone have any good suggestions for guides, cheap places to stay, and good streams to check out?

Troy Sharp

Reaction score
I watched a bunch of videos on POW and I think I'm gonna plan a trip there. Anyone have any good suggestions for guides, cheap places to stay, and good streams to check out?

When are you going, and what are you wanting to target? Coffman is prabably the best place to stay as far as proximity to rivers and has alot of rentals. Thorne, eagle, and staney are the better systems around there. Ratz, logjam, and hatchery are all good as well. Do some research, not hard to find information with some google searches.

Troy Sharp

Reaction score
Gooch on here has a rental place in coffman I beleive. Hollis has some car rentals.

Latest posts