Kenai silvers?

limon32

Reaction score
Anyone heard of any silvers in the Kenai yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Furudak

Reaction score
Heard of a few getting picked up when targeted. Enough to peak my interest. But no 'hot fishing' stories have come my way yet.....

limon32

Reaction score
Heard of a few getting picked up when targeted. Enough to peak my interest. But no 'hot fishing' stories have come my way yet.....

Thanks, I have some relatives coming to town tomorrow and they want to bank fish when I'm not around so I was trying to decide where to send them.

limon32

Reaction score
My guide buddy has been picking up limits on silvers all week on the lower.

Sure appreciate the update, hopefully I'll be able to report back Saturday!

Furudak

Reaction score
Flossed a nice big fat silver last night on the lower. Fought and jumped like crazy. Fun fish to catch :)
Picked up two reds as well.

limon32

Reaction score
Well we fished hard yesterday, lost one below eagle rock, saw half dozen others caught in 12 hours... Red flipping was dismal too, lost one of those too...

fishak

Reaction score
Are there some areas to cast and retrieve for them? I'm guessing at places like centennial and swiftwater you would have to floss. Public use areas specifically.

MaximumPenetration

Reaction score
Been getting silvers and reds in the lower Kenai for the past 3 days. Yesterday we picked up 3 silvers and 15 reds flossing between 3 of us for less than 90 minutes. It's been like that all week really.

limon32

Reaction score
Been getting silvers and reds in the lower Kenai for the past 3 days. Yesterday we picked up 3 silvers and 15 reds flossing between 3 of us for less than 90 minutes. It's been like that all week really.

Wow I fished the lower last weekend and couldn't touch either reds or silvers! Might have to give it another go this weekend, thanks!

Sockeye Charlie

Reaction score
How's the silver action on the Kenai lately? I'm heading down tomorrow for the weekend and will be on the middle. Any on the water reports??

limon32

Reaction score
It was supper spotty last week, great one day and none the next. Haven't been out since saturdayz

fishcatcher541

Reaction score
Kenai silvers?

We floated eggs at the visitors center Monday and picked up a few!

NORTH2AK

Reaction score
We fished the lower all week and it was definitely a morning and evening bite for us. 6am- 9:30 red hot, pretty darn slow from 9:30 - 7pm then it picked up again until dark. Eggs and plugs.

limon32

Reaction score
Any recent updates, suppose the lower river is going to be fishable Saturday morning?

limon32

Reaction score
Fine I'll post and update. We fished 7am to noon today. Saw 4 fish landed between about 100 boats! We missed one takedown.

Brian M

***** Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Our neighbor here on the middle River did great this morning, but we were chasing rainbows and dollies. We tried fishing silvers for a half hour tonight with no luck, but did see a few roll.