Johnstone Bay Weather Question

healerf18

Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2012
Messages
213
Reaction score
2
I would like run to Johnstone Bay out of Seward tomorrow, but I see that the NOAA forecast is predicting 15 knot westerlies, meaning of course that I would be returning against the prevailing wind. I have experience in the area with the more usual south easterlies. Should I come up with a plan B? Thanks everyone!
 

Bullelkklr

New member
Joined
Apr 25, 2006
Messages
5,188
Reaction score
108
Location
Anchorage Alaska
What kind of floater you got? Looks to me like you will have some weather. When going out of seward you should look at:

PKZ120-240045-
CAPE CLEARE TO GORE POINT-
348 AM AKDT THU JUL 23 2015

...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY TODAY...

.TODAY...N WIND 30 KT DIMINISHING TO 20 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS
9 FT. RAIN SHOWERS.
.TONIGHT...W WIND 15 KT. SEAS 7 FT.
.FRI...W WIND 15 KT. SEAS 6 FT.
.FRI NIGHT...VARIABLE WIND 10 KT. SEAS 4 FT.
.SAT...SW WIND 15 KT. SEAS 4 FT.
.SUN...VARIABLE WIND 10 KT. SEAS 4 FT.
.MON...NE WIND 15 KT. SEAS 5 FT.
 

healerf18

Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2012
Messages
213
Reaction score
2
Haha, thanks! Yes, the Cape Clear to Gore Point forecast is the one I was looking at. We'll probably decide tomorrow morning depending on the conditions on the water.
 

Bullelkklr

New member
Joined
Apr 25, 2006
Messages
5,188
Reaction score
108
Location
Anchorage Alaska
I think that it will stack up less from the west than from the southeast.

I re-read your question.......sorry.
 

Top