jet boat from lake louise to tyone river to susitna

reilly

Reaction score
Looking for a lil info on running my jet boat from lake louise to the Su....Pls pm with any info thanks...Reilly

Bullelkklr

Reaction score
heard it gets rocky at the transition between the 2 lakes. Have also heard that it is runnable in a prop most of the time....sometimes they had to get out and push.....about 1/2 the time.

I will be heading that way a couple times this summer in a zodiac with a prop and an 18 foot smoker craft with a jet on it....scouting for DC480 tags.

AKBassking

Reaction score
Once you leave tyone lake and the lilly patch, it is not runable with a prop. The creek is very narrow, sometimes only one boat (I have bounced my boat off the banks) at a time. There are shallow rocky areas that (depending on water level) will require you to drag your boat across.

FamilyMan

Reaction score
"river" info

"river" info

Looking for a lil info on running my jet boat from lake louise to the Su....Pls pm with any info thanks...Reilly

Post lots of info B4 you go, 'cause it might be your last post ever.

Are you aware what the water levels have been the past few years? (Low).

If you go when the water is high, you might possibly make it downriver.... but then go ahead and turn your boat into a taco stand down there 'cause I'm betting you ain't makin' it back.

I don't mean to naysay a fine adventure; I'm offering a word of advice and caution to be ready to modify your flight plan when you see conditions on that "river".

Roger45

Reaction score
Been there, done that...once you leave Tyone Lake you are immediately in a "Hull Inspection Zone", some people call it a rock garden. I would recommend a rivet gun and plywood to repair the bottom of your boat while in the field and have lots of replacement parts for your outdrive set up. Of course, there are people that have done it without a scratch, but not in the conditions I was in!