Is anyone sending sonar logs to Navionics?

Furudak

Reaction score
I'm looking for a new chartplotter/sounder and reviewing the various makes and models. With so much PWS action these days I was wondering if fresh sonar data was getting back to the mapping companies for updated and finer tuned charts. Raymarine to Navionics, Garmin to BlueChart, etc. 'Crowdsourced' data from folks with the latest technology would seem to produce some amazing bathymetric information.

I guess a simpler question would be: Navionics vs BlueCharts? (April 2020 update)

Fishrock

Reaction score
I don't think many people will upload their logs since they are likely mapping the areas they fish and don't really want to hand all that hard earned data over to the unwashed masses.

Furudak

Reaction score
Yeah, that makes sense. Been doing a bit of research on these new units. Wasn't sure if one company did better than the other in regards to updates/detail. They probably all start with the same NOAA(gov) data and apply their own algorithm or whatnot.

Sounds like Navionics has pretty good data.....but I think I want a Garmin.

Its Friday!

Kisutch

Reaction score
Sounds like Navionics has pretty good data.....but I think I want a Garmin.

Garmin's BlueChart g3 uses Navionics data now. I have a new Garmin plotter and also have a Navionics app for my tablet. As far as I can tell it's the same level of detail.

kwackkillncrew

Reaction score
I have a Garmin and use the navionic app on my phone at the same time. I have found navionics has better detail and its truthed a little better then gamin. When I am in an area I fish alot I draw my own contours on the garmin which is the most accurate. You can cruise around 8-10 mph and map out a spot pretty quick

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk