Inboard engine repairs in Whittier

fishingagain

Reaction score
What company provides this service for inboard diesels and are they reliable? I have had no luck so far finding a traveling diesel mechanic or someone in Whittier. This is a nontrailerable sailboat. There are a few nontrailerable boats in Whittier surely some mechanic bothers to go through the tunnel occasionally to work on smaller boats? thanks

fishingagain

Reaction score
It looks like A Mobile Mechanic which does car repair in Anchorage might do boat diesels. Has anyone used them on their boat before?

MRFISH

Reaction score
I don't have an answer for you, but perhaps the Harbormasters office might be able to point you in a few directions?

fishingagain

Reaction score
Ok, that was actually helpful. Since other people might need mechanics in the future I'll post what I found out. Whittier harbor had two names but wasn't sure of what they would or could do. That was Long 242-7194 and Larry 360-5006 227-2004. But Steve the potbuilder was very helpful and gave me some advice on how to fix the problem and recommended Robert Geller at 350-9673.

I talked to Robert and am meeting him at boat later this week. Plus I remember him he towed my car from Girdwood last winter.

Arcticwildman

Reaction score
Ok, that was actually helpful. Since other people might need mechanics in the future I'll post what I found out. Whittier harbor had two names but wasn't sure of what they would or could do. That was Long 242-7194 and Larry 360-5006 227-2004. But Steve the potbuilder was very helpful and gave me some advice on how to fix the problem and recommended Robert Geller at 350-9673.

I talked to Robert and am meeting him at boat later this week. Plus I remember him he towed my car from Girdwood last winter.

Ed Long is a great guy and an awesome mechanic. He did a lot of work on my boat.

Latest posts