I SEEN one.

Smitty of the North

Reaction score
SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points
Behold,,,,,

the "New Mossberg Maverick Bolt Action 30-06 Rifle With 22" Matte Black Barrel & Black Synthetic Stock.

The new Mossberg Maverick bolt action rifle comes with a 22" free floating , button rifled barrel with recessed muzzle."

It also, had Weaver style Scope Bases installed already.

Arctic Ammo on the Pee Dub, highway has one for only $289.00

It looked purty good to me. Instead of sling studs, you could connect the swivels right into the stock.

The stock looked better, and seemed better constructed, than what you find on a Savage, Tikka, or Ruger Hawkeye. And, you couldn't bend the forearm every whichaway, as easily.

Smitty of the North

ANGCorsair

Reaction score
Unfortunately I have run the course with Mossberg firearms and will never buy another. There are too many other firearm companies that produce solid products as it is.

Hopefully they got this new offering right but I will not consider purchasing one.

BrownBear

Reaction score
That's the best kind of news! We need a low cost, entry-level gun for newcomers to our sport. Sure there's better stuff out there for folks with jingle in their jeans, but it's pretty hard to tell a newcomer he needs to dump a grand or more just to walk in the door. Let him start for $300, and if he likes hunting and shooting, pretty quick he'll be upgrading. Even though it's not a lefty, I'll be picking up one or two for pure knock around guns. They should sell well for that, too.

Thanks!

AGL4now

Unavailable
Reaction score
I could be wrong as I am working from foggy memory, but I think Mossberg is now part of the Remington Family.

BrownBear

Reaction score
I could be wrong as I am working from foggy memory, but I think Mossberg is now part of the Remington Family.

Could this be the 2011 version of the Remington 788. That would be great news! The 788 is so revered today it brings premium prices if you can even find one. Yeah, it had a cheesy magazine. And rear locking lugs on the bolt. And a rotten trigger. But it shot amazingly well and gave great value for it's low price.

If the Mossberg Maverick is indeed a Remington in drag, that might be great news if it shoots well. Heaven knows we need another "788" bolt gun on the market today.

tailwind

Reaction score
They are all owned by Cerberus Capital Management.

Smitty of the North

Reaction score
SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points
Wal, Ya Knowwww. Mossberg has been in business for a very long time, and that didn't happen because they sold a bunch of junk.

Both Marlin, and Mossberg have jumped into the CF Bolt Action market before, and maybe they didn't do so well, but now, Marlin is doin OK, with a BA. IMO, Mossberg probably will too.

Winchester, and Remington have failed with some of their products too.

I think there's a market for rugged utility rifles. The price alone is tempting enough to get people to try them.

Do a search, and look at the reviews. I think they have promise.

I'm tempted, but it's unlikely, I'll buy one. I have several rifles already, and I don't collect rifles. Nosiree, each one, has it's own special purpose, that somehow overlaps with that, of all the others.

Hmmmm. I'd re-word that, but it would probably come out the same. I need more time.

Smitty of the North

BrownBear

Reaction score
I just handled one. When they put the bolt on the other side, I'll definitely be buying. In fact, I might buy one anyway, wrong sided bolt or not.

Latest posts