Hunting trip travel insurance

BRWNBR

Reaction score
Hey BS, I had a guy with trip insurance he bought for a alaska Sheep hunt. The weather kept us from the mountians and after three days of waiting he elected to go bear hunting instead. So we flew out and hunted grizzly, shot a 8’er. He then filed a claim because he didn’t get his Sheep hunt. I had to write letters, he wanted letters from the pilots etc. I had to give him a itemized letter laid out by costs per day, equipment rental of sorts for the days the weather kept us from
Hunting, while in the field and before we got to the field. He sent me
Form
Letters Basicly with the info he needed. Luckily cause I would have never figured out what he was talking about had he not sent forms already filled in for me to review. I have no idea what it cost him for the insurance and what he got back from it. I’d have to consider long and hard about rebooking him if he calls again. It was a huge pain on my end and the pilots flat
Out said no we aren’t writing letters.
I’d imagine it would be much simpler if the weather was bad and he never hunted. But if you have to rely on all the other parties involved for information it might get sticky.

Post this question on AR, probably more feedback over there.

alottabs

Reaction score
Tupper Lake, NEW YORK IN THE CENTER OF THE ADIROND
Thanks Jake,
Never considered it before but have different issues these days and all my flights are non refundable and the hunt is pricey. I probably will take my chances but I wanted to hear some feedback first. Hope is all good with you and the family.

BRWNBR

Reaction score
Ya man doing good. I would look into it for sure, I think it could be a great investment. Ask a lot of questions about how it works and what covered just so you have a good understanding of what your actually buying. We hear so little about it that not much is known I guess.

GoneAgain

Reaction score
So I have purchased it, but been lucky and never had to use it. My friend Drake offers it threw his company Safariunlimitedworldwide.com. Like all insurance I would check out several companies and make sure what each policy will cover. The last trip I was on was to the amazon river. I purchased it because, if I missed my flight the live aboard boat I was fishing with was leaving and unlike a cruse ship you can't just meet it at the next stop and get on.

Latest posts