How to post a picture

Michael Strahan

webmaster
Reaction score
1. Title your post and type in the body of the message.

2. Scroll down to the “Additional Options” box.

3. Click “Manage Attachments”. This takes you to a window that allows you to post an image either from your hard drive or from a source on the web (like photobucket).

4. If you’re posting an image from your computer, click the button that says, “Choose File”. This brings up a window that allows you to select an image from your computer. Select an image and click the “Choose” bubble. The name of the image will appear next to the “Choose File” bubble. Click “Upload” and the image will move to the “Current Attachments” window below. If the image name does not appear, it is probably too big to post. Re-size it using photo editing software. TIP: if you resize to 6” x 4” format, 72dpi, you should be fine. Adobe Photoshop has a “Save for Web” feature that works nicely.

5. If you’re posting an image from the internet, type in the link in the window that says, “Upload File from an URL”. Then click the “Upload” button.

6. Close the “Manage Attachments” window.

7. Click “Submit New Thread” and you’re done!

-Mike

gogoalie

Reaction score
test test test

test test test

test test test

Attachments

• Sep. 06 047 1.jpg
    Sep. 06 047 1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 0

rivercat

Reaction score
doesn't let me post attachments.... no permissions it says at bottom of page.

379 Peterbilt

Reaction score
An un-named river in Alaska...<grin>

YukonrivercanoeRuby.jpg

BRWNBR

Reaction score
test shot shotttttttt

Attachments

• moose.JPG
    moose.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 0

379 Peterbilt

Reaction score
how do you guys get them so big? in size i mean?

My big one above is from photobucket, as opposed to "attatched"

Let me try the same pic as "attatched" (below)

Attachments

• YukonrivercanoeRuby.jpg
    YukonrivercanoeRuby.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 0

379 Peterbilt

Reaction score
Looks as though "attatching" pics also resizes them ??

BRWNBR, that is one awesome awesome moose. Would love to see that bull in a full sized image. Maybe give photobucket.com a try. It is super easy to open an account and use.

rivercat

Reaction score
test...

test...

couldn't post before trying again

Attachments

• caribou.jpg
    caribou.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 0

BRWNBR

Reaction score
heres another try from photobucket..

Attachments

• moosetry.jpg
    moosetry.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 0

BRWNBR

Reaction score
keeps telling me my file is to large, when it will attach it, its the size as the one above.

bgreen

Reaction score
How to resize and post pictures on the Internet

How to resize and post pictures on the Internet

Here is a little write up I made for one of my forums, maybe it will help here or for people who just want to have their pictures online...

Download Infranview http://download.com.com/3000-2192-10021962.html

To make pics for discussion forums/websites/general internet use:
Open Infranview > File > Open > Browse to Select the file you want to resize and compress > Open.

Image>Resize/Resample
enter the width: 640 (or what ever the board requirements are)
enter the height: 480 (or what ever the board requirements are)
or select a button from the "Some Standard Dimensions" box.
click OK

now got to File > Save > The Options menu will pop up the side, now move the slider to about 55-65 percent, and hit OK > Save.

To make pics for avatars and thumbnails:
Open Infranview > File > Open > Browse to Select the file you want to resize and compress > Open.

Image>Resize/Resample
enter the width: 90 (or what ever the board requirements are)
enter the height: 90 (or what ever the board requirements are)
or select a button from the "Some Standard Dimensions" box.
click OK

now got to File > Save > The Options menu will pop up the side, now move the slider to about 45-55 percent, and hit OK > Save.

-------------------------------

How do I post multiple pics on one post?

You need to have all the pictures hosted on a server that is always hooked to the internet. Once the pics are on that server, you can just use the [Image] picture url here [/Image] tags.

-->
When you view your picture in Montypics you need to copy the address that it shows underneath the pic you are viewing.

Hilight the text, (will look something like this...( http://pics.montypics.com/bgreen/200...reak_Time2.jpg ) and right click, Copy.

Then come to the board, click post or reply, depending on what you want to do, then click the Image Button at the top of the reply/post text box. Now paste the text into the popup box, and hit ok.

edit: this only works from the screen that comes up when you have just uploaded a new pic.

so now you can do this...

log in to your account at Montypics, then click the album of the photo's you want to post on the board. Find the pic you want, and copy the text under the thumbnail with the above mentioned method.

Now look at the date of the album, and write that down exactly as it appears.

Come here, hit post or reply, and click the image button.

now type in http://pics.montypics.com/youruserna...albumdatehere/ then right click next to the text you just typed and hit paste.

---------------------

Updates

Here is a new program to try out.... http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/

This program is worth looking at too. http://www.virtualzone.de/files/?product=resizer (This is the program I use when resizing large quantities of pictures)

Brian M

***** Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hillbilly - If you surround the URL with the tags, it will show the picture in the thread instead of just a link.

Like this:

[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o236/H_I_L_L_B_I_L_L_Y/487000-R1-014-5A.jpg

Erik in AK

Reaction score
Help

How do you add the img tags to a pic on your computer? I tried adding the tags to the file name before I hit the upload button in the manage attachments window and I got an "Upload failed" message.

Brian M

***** Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The img tags are for pictures that are already hosted on another website. I strongly suggest opening a free photobucket.com account if you want to post pictures here with any regularity. It is super easy to use, free, and allows you to post much larger pictures here without taking up any storage space. In addition, they give you a cut/paste option for the img-tagged URL that you'll need.

-Brian

Latest posts