How do you avoid trapping a Lynx.......???

Gary

Reaction score
Wow...... that is nothing......try letting your wife out of the trunk after 50 miles over rough road. Now that is HELL Fury.

Only question I have is: Why let her out after ONLY 50 miles?

martentrapper

Reaction score
Most lynx are caught in cubbies, cubbies aren't legal on the Kenai when lynx season is closed. My understanding is incidental catch is very low when not using cubbies. Lynx "typically" aren't interested in wolverine bait, they are predominately sight feeders.
Just about any baited/lured set will catch lynx. A dirthole/snowhole will attract them. I would say that it is difficult to NOT catch lynx if your using bait/lure.
Incidental catch shouldn't be too bad.......................there aren't any lynx to catch................isn't that why the season is closed?

kodiak kid

Reaction score
Not a Lynx but I released a Bob cat once. I didn't have anything special so I just found a stick with a fork in the end and pinned his head to the ground while I removed the trap. Lots of snarling and hissing though.

Jrchambers

Reaction score
I am not a trapper, but I am curious how you avoid trapping a Lynx.

If you do catch a Lynx.....do you set it free......??? How you do that......???
its really easy. it took me a long time to learn how to get one to take the final steps into a bait or lure let alone hang one. I would wager a lot of money that I could trap for 10 years and not catch one if I had to.
as far as snaring......if you get one your loop is just wrong if that's not what your looking for.