Hotel Help

Tundra Monkey

Reaction score
Hey Folks. I will be in Anchorage for the day on Friday enroute to Kodiak. I need to pick up a package at Barney's.

Could someone please recommend a decent hotel that is "close" to the airport and to Barney's? If there is such a thing.

Either way I need a hotel.

Thanx for helping a Canuck out.

Rob B

Reaction score
Holiday Inn Express and the Courtyard Marriott are both on Spenard road near the airport and decent hotels. Barney's is a short taxi ride from either one.

Yukon Cornelius

Reaction score
Hey Folks. I will be in Anchorage for the day on Friday enroute to Kodiak. I need to pick up a package at Barney's.

Could someone please recommend a decent hotel that is "close" to the airport and to Barney's? If there is such a thing.

Either way I need a hotel.

Thanx for helping a Canuck out.
Stay away from puffin inn. I've stayed at the holiday inn it was good. The marriott was good. So was comfort inn. I usually stay down town though.

oakman

Reaction score
quite a few hotels near the intersection of C Street and International Airport Rd. Major chains, good prices, clean rooms, newer hotels. Fairly short taxi ride to either the airport or Barney's. The Holiday Inn and Marriott on Spenard would be good choices too. The Coast is across the street from the last two there, and very cheap, but I wouldn't stay there.

Yukon Cornelius

Reaction score
Another thing is you are coming to AK when hotel prices are very affordable. I recently stayed at the Captain Cook for less than $150 a night (including parking).

I try to stay around the $100/night range. I've been in some shady hotels in ANC. The only one I left was the Puffin Inn. It was that bad, but I was placed in the old section.

wags

Reaction score
quite a few hotels near the intersection of C Street and International Airport Rd. Major chains, good prices, clean rooms, newer hotels. Fairly short taxi ride to either the airport or Barney's. The Holiday Inn and Marriott on Spenard would be good choices too. The Coast is across the street from the last two there, and very cheap, but I wouldn't stay there.

I stayed at the Motel 6 in that area a few weeks ago, not what I consider cheap though about $120, but Alaska Tent and Tarp is right across the street. I don't think they have as many demo models set up as at the Fairbanks location though.

homerdave

Reaction score
Not sure how important it is to you, but we have found the millenium to be pretty quiet. The hotels right on the road can be pretty loud.

Yukon Cornelius

Reaction score
Here's another idea that I'm going to start using. An Alternative to the impersonal hotel chains. Use the little sliding bar to select your price range.
https://www.airbnb.com/s/Anchorage--AK--United-States
I love B&bs. I've yet to stay in one in Alaska. Usually because my trips to town are for conferences and I stay where they are held. When traveling iwb our family most B&Bs say no tithe little kids.

swampdonkey

Reaction score
Another thing is you are coming to AK when hotel prices are very affordable. I recently stayed at the Captain Cook for less than $150 a night (including parking).

I try to stay around the $100/night range. I've been in some shady hotels in ANC. The only one I left was the Puffin Inn. It was that bad, but I was placed in the old section.

Yep, that's the old section of the Puffin Inn. It's seperate from the main building and it's a sh**-hole...
Request the main building and you're living large. Very nice and very affordable right now too. About a $15 cab ride to Barneys from there and it's got a free shuttle to the airport, running every hour on the hour.
I stay there every time that I fly down from the slope and I've got no complaints. Have been for a few yrs now, NO problems.

Yukon Cornelius

Reaction score
Yep, that's the old section of the Puffin Inn. It's seperate from the main building and it's a sh**-hole...
Request the main building and you're living large. Very nice and very affordable right now too. About a $15 cab ride to Barneys from there and it's got a free shuttle to the airport, running every hour on the hour.
I stay there every time that I fly down from the slope and I've got no complaints. Have been for a few yrs now, NO problems.
We booked off the new section reviews. And it was full. I was very disappointed by the room. I have thought about trying it again, b/c of the affordability of it.

I just couldn't handle the smell of the old room.

Vance in AK

Reaction score
When in Anchorage Comfort Suites on International Airport Road has become my 1st choice. Quiet, nice rooms, pool, workout room, fair prices, & a free bfast that's worth $15 anywhere in town. Free shuttle to airport & not too far from Barney's. 907-243-8080

Yukon Cornelius

Reaction score
When in Anchorage Comfort Suites on International Airport Road has become my 1st choice. Quiet, nice rooms, pool, workout room, fair prices, & a free bfast that's worth $15 anywhere in town. Free shuttle to airport & not too far from Barney's. 907-243-8080

another vote for the comfort suites. The breakfast was good (for buffett style hotel breakfast) and the room was spacey.

shulse01

Reaction score
Sounds like you're already there, however, I had a good stay at the Embassy Suites. Recommend it over Millineum.