Hornaby Leverevolutions

thunder chicken1

Reaction score
leverlution

leverlution

I think they would be good for thin skin game such as deer and caribou but I don't think it would be a good choice for moose or bear, for that stuff I prefer Garrett hammerheads or his woodleigh loads for the bigguns!!

Mike Echo

Reaction score
I agree with Thunderchicken about their use up here except for bou and deer.
I still wonder why these are "OK' in tube mags. Granted the tips are softer plastic but you still have mass and motion impacting the primers. When you have 2 shells left in the mag (most etended, weakest spring action) you would get the most motion. I am sure the guys did the R&D on it but it makes me wonder if the old rule of "NO pointed bullets in a tube" was that set in fact.
Mike

grizz106

Reaction score
Call me ole timey if you will. I still like regular flat faced wide meplat bullets for any lever action. I think these are a gimmick. I had a good friend give me 10 rnds. of them "pointy" rubbery bullets-got a kick out of them for sure. Gave them away a couple of days back-was not even interested in firing them off. Suppose if I wanted a flat shooting bullet I would surely use a .270 for deer...but I don't shoot deer. These have got to be the goofiest bullets made by any bullet manufacturer ever!

Mike Echo

Reaction score
Nice wide lever-action meplat

Nice wide lever-action meplat

My idea of the ideal bullet for my 450 is .75" of land diameter lead rod with a cannelure rolled in for the appropriate max OAL. Stuff a full load of whatever powder fills it up with max velocity and I'm done!
Mind you, I haven't done the development of this load yet but that is the way I'm thinking. I've got a 308 and 338 for the pointy bullet thingies.
Mike

Murphy

Reaction score
45-70 bullets

45-70 bullets

ME,

I'm with ya' on this but I think you want groove diameter lead. But flat on the end to hit like a freight train. Good shootin'.

Murphy

thunder chicken1

Reaction score
wide metplat

wide metplat

I think garretts 540gr. hardcast hammerhead has the widest metplat in the industry, these things are real tanks as I haven't shot anything it hasn't penetrated completly through you just have to be carefull whats on the other side because these things do not stop!!!

Latest posts