Hill Top?

HuntingAK

Reaction score
Where is Hill Top? I have heard people talk about it for 4 years now and have never been able to figure out where it is at.

Brian M

***** Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hilltop, the small local ski area? If that's what you're referring to, that's just up on the Anchorage hillside, up past Service High School. I'm wondering if you're referring to Flattop? If so, that's the mountain that has a flat top (not trying to be sarcastic here). Take O'Malley up towards the mountains and then follow the brown signs to the Glenn Alps parking lot. Good trail, heavily hiked, but fairly steep in places.

-Brian

Brian M

***** Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Incidentally, if you ever want to look at some big bull moose in rut, go to the Glenn Alps parking lot in late September or October and follow the Powerline Pass trail instead of going up Flattop. About 1-4 miles up the trail you'll find concentrations of moose with some really big bulls putting on quite a show. There's no hunting allowed, but it sure is fun to watch and to practice your calling.

-Brian

AkHunter45

Reaction score
and take some great photo's too!! And I thought I was the only one that saw all those bulls!!

Latest posts