Hailing a Marina on VHF?

pacific23

Reaction score
BC, I bought a book that REALLY helps me when I have a question about boating OR want to settle a argument ....

Chapman piloting & Seamanship

It is one AWESOME reference book, look for it on Amazon.com My wife scored mine for me a couple years ago for a killer price there.

bcriverhunter

Reaction score
BC, I bought a book that REALLY helps me when I have a question about boating OR want to settle a argument ....

Chapman piloting & Seamanship

It is one AWESOME reference book, look for it on Amazon.com My wife scored mine for me a couple years ago for a killer price there.

yes, pacific...that book is in fact one of the FIRST books i bought say 3 years ago..the pages were starting to fall out, so i took them all out and it all went into a 3 ring binder,,,,,,,now, i cant find it for the last 1.5 years????.....did i leave it at work?/etc??....anyway, i have a NEW one coming back from the states next week, along with another list of marine books!..the shelf is pretty well stocked when i comes to boating books now,,,,but, i STILL like to pick the brains here!.....things like kodiakrains VHF tips, are not found in the book i have!!:topjob:..thanks again larry

Cap'n Ron

Reaction score
Larry: sure have enjoyed your posts, we all learn a lot too from your questions....and NEVER cut the cord, after this summer you'll be answering some other peoples questions, and also the learning never stops!

Say, for evening reading on your trips along the passage, I highly recommend books by people that did it by canoe (Cruise of the Blue Flujin by Ken C. Wise; The Sea Runners by Ivan Doig), solo rowboat (Bijaboji--North to Alaska by Oar by Betty Lowman Carey), and packraft/hiking (A Long Trek Home--4,000 miles by Boot, Raft and Ski by Erin McKittrick) Try Amazon, or I think it is Abe Books in Vancouver BC!

bcriverhunter

Reaction score
Larry: sure have enjoyed your posts, we all learn a lot too from your questions....and NEVER cut the cord, after this summer you'll be answering some other peoples questions, and also the learning never stops!

Say, for evening reading on your trips along the passage, I highly recommend books by people that did it by canoe (Cruise of the Blue Flujin by Ken C. Wise; The Sea Runners by Ivan Doig), solo rowboat (Bijaboji--North to Alaska by Oar by Betty Lowman Carey), and packraft/hiking (A Long Trek Home--4,000 miles by Boot, Raft and Ski by Erin McKittrick) Try Amazon, or I think it is Abe Books in Vancouver BC!

thanks Cap ron,,,i think the solo trip by betty carey looks like a good read!...thanks for all books, will look into them!...larry

kodiakrain

Reaction score
Alaska Blues, by Joe Upton, is another really good read about small time SE Trollers back in the 70's.

Anything by Upton for that matter is not only GREAT Writing,

but will get your blood flowing for appreciating the Inside Passage Waters, FOR SURE
Good to have on board while you are there cruising around