gunsmith recommendation

akrifle

Reaction score
Who local or mail out would be good and cost reasonable to put a provided barrel on an action, finish ream / head space and cut out for the extractor.

Also, the mauser bent bolt may need bent a little more and I may consider a butter knife handle. I'll probably try blueing myself Thanks

Bill S.

Reaction score
Local as in local to where? You did not mention that. If you are in anchorage or near enough, give Steve at Alaska custom firearms a call. He's on Old Seward, just north of Dimond next to Wiggy's (Marc Taylor). 349-4867

rifleshooter

Reaction score
Yep, in Anchorage, and he is a friend's kid. Is he equipped to do all that stuff?

tvfinak

Reaction score
Is this one gun or two - the Mauser does not ned an extractor cut.

Who local or mail out would be good and cost reasonable to put a provided barrel on an action, finish ream / head space and cut out for the extractor.

Also, the mauser bent bolt may need bent a little more and I may consider a butter knife handle. I'll probably try blueing myself Thanks

akrifle

Reaction score
If I replace the old barrel with an Adams and Bennett or Douglas barrel don't I need to make a cut out for the extractor ??

seant

Reaction score
The Kid at wild west guns has rebarreled atleast 4 rifles for me. I have been very happy with his work.

Latest posts