Gulkana Kings

wsh2fsh

Reaction score
The water is still high but is down to a fishable level. As of this morning it is still very dirty - anything stuck a couple inches into the water at the bridge disappears. People are floating and fishing but I don’t think they’re catching....

Gulkana Rafting

Reaction score
I just ran the river this evening and it is still a bit high but clearing up fast. Be advised that there 5-6 sweepers right away on river left at Sailors Pit. One of my rafts got sucked into it this morning. I will be going down to the river in the morning with chain saw in hand!! No Charge!

The commercial guides were on the river today and Copper River Guides are doing ok for the conditions. A few hook ups but nothing landed. The clarity is improving every day and will be in great shape in the next 48 hours baring any more heavy rain.

Walt
Gulkana Rafting
13/14 rafts-$110 a day
9 foot Fishcats-$65 a day
907-259-4290

Rod123

Reaction score
We got got off the river now. Fished the last two days and not even a strike. The river is high and came up about 7 inches since this morning since we put in. Did not even see any kings roll. Two pretty fast floats.

wsh2fsh

Reaction score
I floated from poplar tuesday. The river came up several inches over the six hours I was on the water and still muddier than all get out. It’s not realistically fishable but I beat the water anyway - never seen the river this muddy for this long (over two weeks now). I’m stubborn enough that I’ll try again this weekend though... 😎