grouse season

rabbittrunner01

Reaction score
I heard how thunder chicken did with grouse, has anybody else done well?where is a good place to be that wouldn't be to crowded?

thunder chicken1

Reaction score
crowds

crowds

crowds are something you won't have to worry about for grouse season, I was sharing the woods with moose hunters over the weekend and saw a few people on the logging roads but no one in the woods. You'll be happy to know rabbit runner01, I found a spot in a valley that was littered with rabbit droppings and it has your name on it!! Skippy and dewey won't know which way to run.................

AKMarmot

Reaction score
strange year

strange year

Having a hard time finding them as well. Tried sutton but didn't really know where to go so I just drove to the end of the state maintained portion of jonesville rd & started walking on the 4 wheeler paths until the dog would go in after a sent. No luck though. Also have had zero luck at peters creek trail, & moose creek.
Thinking about trying the little su area tomorrow but wondering if its still all flooded out & more a mess than its worth.
I think my dog is starting to wonder if we are just going out for out of town walks.

Adventures

Reaction score
I was thinking it was a great year. With the rain and then shine it's been an awesome year so far for grouse/spruce hens. Every place I've tried has been succesful. Sent my buddy from MN up to a place off of the talkeetna turnoff today and he came back with 12 birds between him and 2 other guys.