Game Bags

luckyak

Reaction score
Hi folks.

Seems like there are a bunch of new brands of game bags out in the past few years. Wondering who is using what? Any recommendations, pro or con?

Some of them seem pretty expensive, are they worth it? (At that price they should carry it for you...)

shotgunner2012

Reaction score
Hi folks.

Seems like there are a bunch of new brands of game bags out in the past few years. Wondering who is using what? Any recommendations, pro or con?

Some of them seem pretty expensive, are they worth it? (At that price they should carry it for you...)
I like the 6-pack TAG bags 28" X 60".
They will last me a lifetime...throw in the rain barrel, then washing machine and good as new.
My cotton bags lasted about 20 years, but are played out...
MeatPole_Aug2020.jpg

kwackkillncrew

Reaction score
I picked up some tag bags from larry and hope to use them this year. We used the Alaska game bags on our last caribou hunt and the flies can get through the holes just enough to make a mess of the meat. luckily we caught it quick and pulled all the meat out of the bag and cauterized all the areas with a jet boil where the flies got through the bags. Meat was fine when we got home but was not happy with how easily the flies got through the bag.

luckyak

Reaction score
I picked up some tag bags from larry and hope to use them this year. We used the Alaska game bags on our last caribou hunt and the flies can get through the holes just enough to make a mess of the meat. luckily we caught it quick and pulled all the meat out of the bag and cauterized all the areas with a jet boil where the flies got through the bags. Meat was fine when we got home but was not happy with how easily the flies got through the bag.

Yikes! Thanks for the heads up on the AK game bags.

AGL4now

Unavailable
Reaction score
What "Fabric" are the current Game Bags made of........??? Are they cotton......???

SmokeRoss

Reaction score
Make your own from bed sheets. Make them big. For the moose quarters.

AGL4now

Unavailable
Reaction score
Make your own from bed sheets. Make them big. For the moose quarters.

Been doing that for 56 years. And so tonight i am ready to order sheets from Amazon (Flat White Sheets) and i assumed they were cotton. But being as I have no way to return things the Amazon, I have learned to carefully read the description "twice". So it say's "Microfiber".........which I figured is some fancy new marketing word for "cotton". So I do a search on "microfiber composition" and it is 100% man made something, generally polyester. Contains zero cotton.

luckyak

Reaction score
What "Fabric" are the current Game Bags made of........??? Are they cotton......???

Honestly no idea? Old and frayed so probably.

Just found a little bit of a deal on some Caribou Gear bags so will try those out. I hear good things.

I should just do the bedsheet thing, though.

Last edited:
Reaction score
We have been using 8 oz cotton game bags but lately the sporting goods store has a 4 oz nock off that is quite inferior. They rip very easily on bones or anything for that matter. Wife found some rip stop polyester bags on amazon that are amazing. Very light, tight weave and breathable. They seem to dry fast and are surprisingly durable.

hunterjuno

Reaction score
We have always just used canvas bags that we make ourselves--extremely durable and thick and easy enough to make with a bit of sewing. But maybe that's not the cool way to do it lol