Fuel Prices are Bumming Me Out

skydiver

Reaction score
Every fall when I fill up my 78-gallon boat tank I wonder if it's going to be a good investment and it usually is.
I wouldn't dare set up a separate account for my boating. If I did, there would be a way to track how much I actually spend and I don't think I really want to know the answer! It certainly does help when you have someone to go with and split the costs down the middle.

bmunsell

Reaction score
Wasilla, behind 3 Bears on the Palmer Wasilla Hwy
I just want to add that fuel prices are just part of the global warming conspiracy. The liberal environmental extremists that control our government behind the scenes know that the only way to ever cut the amount of fuel that americans burn for transportation and recreation is to keep raising the price and since the oil companies also love higher prices, the only thing I wonder about is why we aren't already paying $7 a gallon.

What's a thread killer anyway? Are there any good sail boat, kayak and canoes companies that we could buy stock in?

Here's my dream boat. I think it's a long liner of some kind, and it had these big clothe thingys that you could put up to catch the wind?:proud: Sell the house and go catch fish.

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

Paul H

Reaction score
I'm more concerned for the charter guys, with the high fuel prices we had a few years ago and the state of the economy, this could really hurt them.

akmike30

Reaction score
man it going to hurt the ole pocket book this summer.... it going to beans and corn all week so we have gas money to use the boat. Man i hope fish gear don't go up too..

ocnfish

Reaction score
An "almost buddy" of mine .... got to take him fishing some time ... works on all of the HVAC on my apartments, has spent a lot of time in the oil business, both in the south middle of america (Texas/OK) and Alaska, I value his thoughts and he has told me a few things about the industry that make real sense.

1.) The refiners have a strangle hold on the price.
2.) The price per barrel quoted buy the press has nothing to do with the price the refiners pay the independent producers, they get screwed.
3.) AK is losing ANWAR oil to the stinkin Canadians (I married one of them HAHA) ... they have been directional drilling for the last 20 years ....

I hate the monopoly position that the refiners have on this state, I almost have enough money to get in the game and start shipping refined product to the state ... but the most likely outcome would be that they would "squash me like a bug"

Oh well .... just open the wallet for now :~(

AKDoug

Reaction score
Man i hope fish gear don't go up too..
Keep dreaming. I just got another fuel surcharge increase on my freight for my retail store. Went from 25% to 27% and I'm sure it will go up more.

fullbush

Reaction score
Can we write our boat gas off if we promise the IRS we're not having a good time on the water?