Foxy Beaver Taxidermy

sniper3083006

Reaction score
Anyone heard of this outfit from Big Lake. I got the business card at the palmer gunshow asked a few questions. Seems really good.
On a side note.... I recently heard that there are some pretty shady dermist out there and would like to know how you can tell if who you might be dealing with is Legitimate or not other than by word of mouth.

Alaskantrapper

Reaction score
I'm one of the pickiest in what kind of work I have done and the realism that your animal will look like, and Kathy is one of the best. Ptarmigan look like they are about too fly off the wall, bear looks like he is watching you move around the house, and her prices and turn around are some of the best. Nothing but A++++

sniper3083006

Reaction score
preci8 it

preci8 it

I did like what I saw of her bear work at the gun show. Hopefully I get a bear and can take it to her.

Grantl

Reaction score
If you talk to the Taxidermist and ask for awards won and referrences and really check in with them will help. Yet the only real way to evaluate the work they do is ask for a whole list of customers you can contact and try to go see the heads done.

That being said.. anyone with a name Foxy Beaver.. gets my vote sight unseen... LOL

http://www.OutdoorSupplyPlace.com

Tucker

Reaction score
Just my $.02 here, Some guys don't spend the time trying to win awards. We concentrate on customer work, and the best finished mount possible. The guys that do shows put 100's if not 1000's of hours into there show mounts, do you think they send that much time on your mount? I tell people to come in and pick any 3 finnished work orders out of my filing cabinet and I will give them the phone number out of them. Then it's not people I pick!

If you talk to the Taxidermist and ask for awards won and referrences and really check in with them will help. Yet the only real way to evaluate the work they do is ask for a whole list of customers you can contact and try to go see the heads done.

That being said.. anyone with a name Foxy Beaver.. gets my vote sight unseen... LOL

http://www.OutdoorSupplyPlace.com

FloorGuy

Reaction score
i took a bear to her to get tanned she had the hide back to me in half the time she quoted and was awesome everytime we spoke as far as awards go I don't know if she won any I got to see some being worked on and what she had hanging and thought they were all well done

Huntress

Reaction score
Bull, from start to finish (includes tanning, skinning of head, feet and fleshing, open or close mouth, double felt boarder and backing) she will do everything and rug it for $875...No size limit on black bear. BB/Grizz are $1250. Now those prices might have changed a little since my price list is probably a year old or so.....but youre always welcome to contact her.

I'm in the process of posting more photos of her work that we just took, but feel free to check out some of the photos she has up so far.

http://foxybeavertaxidermy.com/

Bullelkklr

Reaction score
Yep. I took it to her. Not sure what mount/rug to get yet. He has a nice vee on his chest so I am thinking 1/2 lifesize....but not totally decided yet.

He squared at 6foot 10inches...be a nice big rug for sure.....

WAJeff_11

Reaction score
Has anyone talked to received any work from this lady lately??? I dropped a bear hide off with a deposit back in October and haven't heard a word since. It was my first black bear and I'm going to be [email protected]#$^&*& pissed if I lose that hide, and the money obviously. Please let me know if anyone knows how to get ahold of anyone at this company.

e45colt

Reaction score
Talked to Kathy two weeks ago and she said was expecting a large order in from the tannery that included the bear I dropped off in August. She didn't mention any problems, but WAJeff_11 because of your post I tried to check her website and it's down, so don't know what to make of things at this point.

WAJeff_11

Reaction score
Ok, Well that's good that you talked to her recently. I'm guessing that since she still has her phone line in service she's not trying to get off the grid or anything. Hopefully we both hear from her soon, from what I saw when I dropped off the hide it looked she does very good work.

I'll let you know if I am able to get ahold of her or hear anything else.

Bullelkklr

Reaction score
I talked to her last week. I dropped my bear off at the end of August. She said it is back from tanner and I picked my felt color and mouth (rug) - ruby on black and 1/2 open mouth. She said that the skull will be done before the rug - about 2 months out for the rug.

FurFishGame

Reaction score
If you have birds I can't recommend anybody but Ed Forstner, He is Honest, fast (like, 2 or 3 grouse a day fast)and GOOD! he used to do big animals too, and has a bunch of caribou and ptarmigan and fish on his wall that he has mounted, and they are AWESOME! He is in the process of mounting a grouse for me and, with my shooting, he is doing awesome work. He never went to taxidermy school, he started by mounting a possum that he found dead on the side of the road, it being 20 years old, still looks new.

If its ay consolidation to you, He is a Christan too, and used to be a musher, ran the Iditarod 3 times. He mounted a eagle for the state too. that was cool to see. sometimes I go over there (he is my neighbor) ust to see what he is mounting. I love going over there expecially when people are getting geese and swans.

morgan

Reaction score
You're spot on, I stopped out there a month or two ago to pay on my moose and Kathy was very busy with Lynx and a beautiful lifesize interior Grizz. She showed my me and my wife around the shop and the current job she was working on. I'll tell you whoever owns that lifesized Grizz is gonna be one happy person!

If you have questions, shoot her a line and she will answer all your questions. I've spoke with most of the taxidermist in our area and the average turn around is 6-9 months with some saying a year.

Latest posts