First canoe moose

Lvnthdrm

Reaction score
Finally able to harvest my first moose from my old Grumman. Thanks to all of you who probably unwittingly helped as I frequent the canoe forum and your tips and advice over the last few years has been indispensable. Great adventure for all and looking forward to next year.

Attachments

• moose in water.jpg
    moose in water.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 0

mainer_in_ak

Reaction score
very nice moose, look forward to hearing more!

attachment.php

Lvnthdrm

Reaction score
He was a beautiful animal Mainer--I never cease to marvel at they way they are so wondrously made. Cut the trip short to get him back home as the thought of losing some of the meat was unacceptable in my mind. Could not have asked for an easier transport as I was able to take him on the shore, enlist the help of the others in the party, and have him in the boats and back upstream in less than 2hours. :)

jpost

Reaction score
Congratulations and I hope you get many more moose in the ol Grumman.

Yukoner

Reaction score
My groggy eyes saw "first canoeing Moose", which is something else entirely....
Nice Moose, and the best thing about Grummans is that the hull keeps your beer really cool

mainer_in_ak

Reaction score
He was a beautiful animal Mainer--I never cease to marvel at they way they are so wondrously made. Cut the trip short to get him back home as the thought of losing some of the meat was unacceptable in my mind. Could not have asked for an easier transport as I was able to take him on the shore, enlist the help of the others in the party, and have him in the boats and back upstream in less than 2hours. :)

nice to hear, don't forget to share more about your trip when you have a chance. way to get out there, and just get it done! I never cease to marvel at em either. Just had fresh moose streaks for breakfast, still not hungry late into the evening.

anchorrivercrowds

Reaction score
harvesting one of these critters makes for a lifetime of stories, and many meals for so many people... do more predator control... we need more stories!!

Grumpyoldman

Reaction score
G'day from Australia and congrats on your moose. Would love to read how all this took place and see more pics.

Regards
Grumpyoldman