Finger Lake

p.j.

Reaction score
Hit Finger Lake yesterday. Lots of small stockers. Almost need an extension to get through the ice.

NickofTime

Reaction score
Hit Finger Lake yesterday. Lots of small stockers. Almost need an extension to get through the ice.

Yah, I was out there on Sunday....there's got to be well over 3' of ice on that lake! With the way our weather has been, I have a hard time believing that lake will open up before Memorial Day.

We could see tons of little 6-9 inch landlocks on the Aqua Vu!

Good place to bring a kid!

bushboy

Reaction score
Yah, I was out there on Sunday....there's got to be well over 3' of ice on that lake! With the way our weather has been, I have a hard time believing that lake will open up before Memorial Day.

We could see tons of little 6-9 inch landlocks on the Aqua Vu!

Good place to bring a kid!

So when are you taking Deputy Fife :D !!!!

John_Pennell

Reaction score
Finger Lake fingerlings

Finger Lake fingerlings

We went out Saturday and caught mostly small bows and char, but my buddy did manage a very nice 25-inch char. If you were out there Saturday you probably heard him yelling when we pulled it out of the ice.

NickofTime

Reaction score
We went out Saturday and caught mostly small bows and char, but my buddy did manage a very nice 25-inch char. If you were out there Saturday you probably heard him yelling when we pulled it out of the ice.

I was out there on Saturday also...I could have sworn someone had just won the lottery! :eek:

John_Pennell

Reaction score
No scale

No scale

Nah, we didn't weigh it. He took it home to clean it and said it had bait shrimp, a chunk of cut fish and about 40 snails in its belly.

AK A's Fan

Reaction score
Sunday

Sunday

Went out and braved the wind on saturday. Fished the south side of the island there from about 10:30 til around 2:30. The wind was nasty, and practically blew the ice shack away, but we managed. Caught the usual 6 inch stockers, 2 fish over 8 inches, and the nicest one had been close to 14 inches.