Engine Guard Cover

AkGrumpy

Reaction score
What does everyone use to cover there engines when the boat is parked on the river or on the trailer? Currently I use a tarp and fight the wind and or rain every time.

akblackdawg

Reaction score
sometimes i can get away with using the neighbors shop or carport, but usually just a tarp and bungie. check with bk, or skip, they have a nice larger fiberglass engine cover that pretty much deflects all the rain off to the side, and looks good. i was just too cheap to spend another $200 on one of them. Bud

bkmail

Reaction score
Grumpy,
Its odd, but we (deshka river group) are the only ones who cover their motors.....for the most part.
Almost all other boats I see parked do not have a cover over the cage.
Mentioned it to Skip once, he stated our boats are tough, no need o cover 'em. I like to keep the weather off mine though and that blue tarp is tough to beat price-wise!

Try Johns upholstery in Wasilla, behind Evangelos, for a custom cage cover. John is good and turn around time has been great as well

Bk

MacGyver

Reaction score
I remember Deshka was very dusty, could the reason you would want to cover the engine is to keep the dust from shorting out the ignition when it get wet?

f0zzy2

Reaction score
Skip sells a large fiberglass shell that covers the aircleaner and distributor. It does a pretty good job shedding water away from the engine. Other than that I dont cover mine.

swampdonkey

Reaction score
I think most folks cover their engines because of the sun's UV rays. It also helps keep moisture out of the electrical connections. It seems to me that spark plugs wires, fuel lines, trailer tires, etc., take a frickin' beating up here due to sun damage. Call me crazy, but if you look at an identical set up that's been covered next to a setup that hasn't been, you'll see what I'm saying....

Latest posts