Easy access Kenai fishing

biglou001

Reaction score
I’m a little older and well overweight. Don’t get around as good as I used to. Looking for some semi easy accessible areas to fish on the Kenai. Not looking for someone’s honey hole or secret spot, just somewhere that I can get a few fish for the freezer. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

kwackkillncrew

Reaction score
If you look at the fishing regs it lists all the public spots in the lower kenai section of the regs

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Gr is for Greg

Reaction score
I'm assuming you know about the handicapped restricted area at the Russian River confluence? I've seen wheelchair-bound people fishing there (with some help from others, of course, but still). On the Kenai main stem, Bing's Landing (just map it) is your best bet. Ithas a handicapped deck area (I'm pretty sure), and if you aren't handicapped, you can access the river bank there without too much trouble. There's the campground and several other easily accessible areas right in Soldotna. You can park at the Park lot about halfway between the bridge and the Fred Meyers and walk down to river access from there. Lots of options. Good luck!

band man

Reaction score
We had no problems catching silvers and a few late reds at the visitor center in Soldotna during the final week of August last year.

I'm sure that spot doesn't rank very high among other fishing holes but access can't get much easier.

AKdreamn

Reaction score
It is a little bit of a walk from the parking lot, but Morgan's Landing has what almost appears to be an old gravel boat launch you can walk out in. Or, if you go downriver from that spot, there are a handful of fishing docks. Just make sure you take a net if you fish from the docks. Good luck and have fun!

biglou001

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. I hit Morgan’s Landing yesterday. First time there. Pretty easy going down the hill. After fishing all day, that hill was a bear.😂. Not sure I like the raised platforms but it was ok. Caught a couple, hooked a few more but couldn’t get them in. Good day of fishing. Thanks again for the info.

Latest posts