Duck Lake water level

aktally

Reaction score
Anyone been out to Duck Lake in the Palmer Hayfields recently? I'm wondering if anyone knows how the water level is this year?

yukon

Reaction score
I haven't been out there. We need some big tides and wind to put some water in there. My guess is it normal to slightly low. I won't be going down there until Labor day weekend. that place is a zoo on the opener.

Do you hunt out there much? If you haven't make sure you watch the tides, to say the least, it adds a dimension to your hunt.

aktally

Reaction score
I'm out there every year, just don't always drag my boat into the lake. My boat doesn't have the shallowest of draft so on low water years I tend to fight it out from shore.

yukon

Reaction score
I hear ya, on those low water years it is kinda a pain running and outboard on the lake, lots of weeds, and I have pretty shallow draft boat.

I like to warn newbie's about the tides as I have had some friends boats get swamped, and they know what they are doing as they hunt it multiple days a week. Big tides and a windy day can make it dangerous on the river. I have been out there in some 3 footers, not good for small jon's.

akcarv

Reaction score
It looks like it is about average. A bit lower than last year but not much. Set up camp on high tides this weekend. Tide was high, but not enough to flood the lake. Seemed to be a fair number of birds around with no one pushing them. Hope a few stick around for next Tuesday!!

AK DUCKMAN

Reaction score
It's lower then average

It's lower then average

I was out there 3 weeks ago and it was way down. Talked to a buddy that was just there today and said it hasn't come up any. Like yukon said, it takes a high tide 33+ to do any good. akcarv what side you camped on? Oh I almost forgot my buddy said there wasn't a duck to be seen;).

akcarv

Reaction score
AK Duckman, We are in the "Big Top". Only walked in a little ways so you are probably right about the water. I just know that it was alot lower a few years ago when we had alot of mud showing on our end. Hopefully I have enough to float my rather large canoe. Only 3 of us coming in for the opener. Maybe we'll see you Mon. eve as we are coming in your way.

AK DUCKMAN

Reaction score
Oh yea, How can I forget that canoe. I'll keep my eye out for you. I'll be out there today, so I'll give a heads up tonight if I can. Be safe.

AK DUCKMAN

Reaction score
Still low

Still low

akcarv
The water is still way low probably the lowest I have seen in a long time. Looks like a mud motor year. Good luck and I'll see you out there.
Bob

aktally

Reaction score
I'm out at duck lake right now and found that the water level is really low. Lowest I've seen in the last five years. Had a tought time moving around in a small layout boat with a 6.5 hp mudbuddy. Good luck to everyone who wants to give it a try this year.

AK DUCKMAN

Reaction score
I'm out at duck lake right now and found that the water level is really low. Lowest I've seen in the last five years. Had a tought time moving around in a small layout boat with a 6.5 hp mudbuddy. Good luck to everyone who wants to give it a try this year.

I'm here also. Haven't put in yet,but don't think i'll have any problems. But then I weigh less then Micheal Jackson LMFAO And have a nose..