DM332 alphabet hills HELP

joefish00000

Reaction score
im in need of help,
i drew DM332 unit 13 any bull moose. i am struggling to figure out how i will get into the hunt area. we have buggies, but have never been in that area so i dont know what trails to take.
what im looking for is advise.
has anyone done this hunt before? what trails did you take to get into the hunt area? trail conditions? im freaking out rushing trying to plan this hunt so anything helps! thanks joe,

BlueMoose

Reaction score
Simple Statement! Call the BLM in Glennallen they are the owners of most of the trails in that area. You will find they are normally helpful.

Best of luck on your hunt.

broncoformudv

Reaction score
Only two or three trails going into that are and like BlueMoose pointed out BLM owns most if not all of that land and have the trails listed on their page with a brief description as well.

Hope your buggies are setup well and maintained, its a long haul in on any of the trails and they are not easy trails. Lots of muskeg, water, etc.

Reaction score
There is osar lake trail I looked into going this route in my 6x6 ranger couple yrs back... But you have to cross the mclaren river and was told you need a swamp buggy to cross it... If you look on the map going this route will get you into the dm 332 boundary... The good? only folks with swamp buggies will be out there with you the bad i hear its a swamp down on the bottoms... Swede lake trail thats track vehicle country for sure i have never seen a swamp buggy out there but then again i have only been going out there for couple yrs... So maybe someone who knows more about this area can chime in...

Mkay

Reaction score
I think 332 is west of Keg creek and DM 333. I suppose you can take Swede lake trail south and then turn west once you past the Alphabet hills. Assuming your rigs are in top shape, you have back-up repair parts, spare wheels, excellent winches, and prepared for multiple winching, you may be OK.
The Swede trail is heavily trafficked and is usually torn up if it rains at all. Did the DM333 a couple of years ago and will never put in for that mess again. But 332 should be better...if your rigs survive the trip getting they're.

Talcub

Reaction score
There is a reason they give out 100 DM332 permits and say in the description that "this area is very difficult to access".

Reaction score
The swede lake trail to the alphabets will not get you to dm 332... That trail stops out in the middle of the tundra, its like forrest gump was driving a wheeler and said I'm done and turned around and went home.

Mkay

Reaction score
The swede lake trail to the alphabets will not get you to dm 332... That trail stops out in the middle of the tundra, its like forrest gump was driving a wheeler and said I'm done and turned around and went home.

Sorry for the bad advice. Was thinking you could get past Keg Creek on a trail. Looks like that hunt is better accessed using a jetboat on the Maclaren river.

Reaction score
Sorry for the bad advice. Was thinking you could get past Keg Creek on a trail. Looks like that hunt is better accessed using a jetboat on the Maclaren river.

Not bad advice at all i went in that way when i had 332 but was short by a few miles, oh well... If i had a swamp buggy i would cross the mclaren..

Mkay

Reaction score
I think a much better way is to get a jet boat and head down the Su or MacClaren and access the hunt; looks like you got nearly 15 river miles to hunt the south side of DM332. Looks like you have a small hunting area on the west side of Dickey lake via ATV.

Reaction score
I think a much better way is to get a jet boat and head down the Su or MacClaren and access the hunt; looks like you got nearly 15 river miles to hunt the south side of DM332. Looks like you have a small hunting area on the west side of Dickey lake via ATV.

I looked at that route too, again if i had a swamp buggy i would go through landmark trail or osar lake trail cross the mclaren and call it a day...