DI351 Bison Float Hunt

dandru

Reaction score
Raft Question

Raft Question

What size/model of cataraft and frame di you use for your trip? I drew a tag for bison for DI351 for this fall 2020.

Dave
[email protected]

dandru

Reaction score
What size model cataraft and frame did you use for your bison float? i drew a fall 2020 bison tag.

oakman

Reaction score
Dandru, when are you thinking about going out? Are you looking at doing a float hunt? I had this one 3 years ago, we used a Sotar Radical. 2 guys, 1 very large bison (we packed out just over 1,000 lbs of meat, cape, and skull), and a pretty good sized camp was about all it could handle. We were probably aided by some pretty high water from rain.

dandru

Reaction score
Oakman,

I have a tag for the fall 2020 hunt. I would like to do the hunt Aug 22nd to Sept 4th or so. I would like to do the bison hunt before moose season starts. Any advice you have would be appreciated. The river runs downhill from Rohn to Nikolai correct? What dates di you do your hunt and where did you find the bison on your hunt?

I am still looking for a hunting partner for the trip.

My email is [email protected]
715-490-9072 cell

dandru

Reaction score
Oakman,

I would like to do an early float hunt. How was the South fork of the Kuskokwim travel-wise? Not much for rapids? I assume there are snags and some low water areas, but overall was the float pretty comfortable?

Dave

grider

Reaction score
I have drawn a permit for fall 2021 (DI351) Looking at starting at Rohn, Do you have to go all the way to Nikolai or is Tin Creek feasible?Heard it was private. Either flying 185 or Cub. Understand the river is braided with some sweepers and root balls. It looks like the natural range area ends well before Nikolai.
Thanks

grider

Reaction score
Did you do this float in 2020? I am looking at this fall.
Bill

Skybustin28

Reaction score
Congrats! I got one this year floating as well. What a hunt! I wish I could do it again! Nice bison!