Deshka

AKmud

Reaction score
Went to the Deshka on Tues. Fished from 0630-1830. We only got one small king (15#'s) on a yellow/black #6 Vibrax. Saw about 15-20 taken throughout the day. Two were pushing 50#'s. The bite was slow, even with eggs, and the wind was strong. Can only imagine it will get better every day.

Akres

Reaction score
The bite has been shut off by 7 most mornings, due to the sun. Clouds will help lengthen that a bit. 4 to 6 AM has been the most productive times.

Akres

Reaction score
5 June Update

5 June Update

Got 7 kings in the AM, all before 7:30. Left as most were just coming out, so I don't know how the rest of the day panned out. Nothing over 35 lbs. One was about 8 lbs. A friend said he got into some hot and heavy action at Alexander Creek (tide timing is a huge factor on the Alexander), in 2 1/2 hours they caught and released nine, between two of them. The Big-Su is the absolute lowest that I or anyone I spoke with remembers. A few boats even got grounded in the mouth of the Deshka. Stay to the south when making your entry and you will be fine. The north side is a sandbar. Weir count is still low. But fish to be had if you fish the right time. Good Luck

Latest posts