Deadman Lake, Alaska

AKBEE

Reaction score
so if finances permit , i think we will come up to visit the area and see what is needed, for transport, living, etc. We have almost everything that we need but i will double check everything twice to be on safe side.

If at all possible- make a trip before making a final commitment! I read as much as I could before moving up here, and when I got here I realized I didn't know squat! Being here and asking the right people is paramount. Looking at things on maps and such just doesn't equate to the difficulties here. Things are expensive and so is transporting things. I wish you all the best with your dream and am not trying to burst any bubbles- just offering that you should visit before-hand. Merry Christmas.

mit

Reaction score
I'm going out to Deadman on the 24th hopefully I won't see anyone else for 5 days!

Louis

Reaction score
Impressive. I don't think I'd have been as confident in the outcome of that adventure as those guys. A few years ago there were some property owners on Deadman who plowed a strip on the ice when it was well frozen and hired a Caravan to fly in supplies. That worked quite well.