Cube01's extended dragon

900fusion

Reaction score
Being im up so early i wanted to try out Cube01's dragon, and rather than clogging up his step by step i decided to start a new thread. Here is another color variant. Once again great break down Cube.:topjob:
misc flies 006.jpg

cube01

Reaction score
I guess nobody is into Dragon fly nymphs??

900, here are two other variations I tie, using streamer hooks instead:

The first one's body is built up with dubbing and ribbed with D rib, then dubbed the usual way but hackle is used for the legs instead.
The second one's body is built up using embroidery floss - the stuff used to make friendship bracelets, that I may or may not have stole from a certain friendship bracelet making individual... Another option if you don't like the segmented look of the floss is to just dub on top of it - that way you aren't trying to build up a huge ball of dubbing, you're just laying it on top of a sturdy foundation.

IMG_1494.jpg IMG_1486.jpg

I look forward to tying with you some time 900.

900fusion

Reaction score
Here ya go cube01.... its a prototype but give her a go. painted foam for abdomen and lots of dubbing.(Abdomen is a white wing cut off a spin-n-glo and glued onto fly with tip tied in) Paint is RAW SIENNA acrylic paint by Basics.
misc flies 001.jpg

Attachments

• misc flies 002.jpg
    misc flies 002.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 0

cube01

Reaction score
Here ya go cube01.... its a prototype but give her a go. painted foam for abdomen and lots of dubbing.(Abdomen is a white wing cut off a spin-n-glo and glued onto fly with tip tied in) Paint is RAW SIENNA acrylic paint by Basics.

Should work well for fishing on the surface! I fish them on top sometimes, but mostly sub-surface.
Another surface fished variation that Matt at 3-Rivers was doing is a deer hair version. I'm not sure if he is on here or not - if he is, maybe he'll post his?

900fusion

Reaction score
It should suspend I did 20 wraps of .25 lead. And the foam should make it act injured. We will have to see gonna go drop it in some water....... and verdict is she sank and wobbled

cube01

Reaction score
It should suspend I did 20 wraps of .25 lead. And the foam should make it act injured. We will have to see gonna go drop it in some water....... and verdict is she sank and wobbled

Pretty cool...
So many patterns, so little time!!

I've had a couple tying get-togthers with a few friends out here in the valley (they also occasionally troll this forum) at my place - I'll let you know next time we think we're gonna have one. It's usually only three of us or so. You're welcome to join us!

cube01

Reaction score
You still going to 3 rivers on Saturdays??????? I keep meaing to get up and go but man that DA*& XBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It keeps me up all night!

Last weekend was our last weekend of tying for the winter... Too bad too, I really enjoyed it, and got me out of bed early on Saturdays!

I play guitar, so I got the new Stratocaster for Rock Band 3, the one that is a real guitar and you play the song for real - that has been keeping me up late as well... What are you playing?
Who would have ever thought video games would be keeping grown men up so late... Maybe we need an XBox subforum?? Lol.

kenaibow fan

Reaction score
Last weekend was our last weekend of tying for the winter... Too bad too, I really enjoyed it, and got me out of bed early on Saturdays!

I play guitar, so I got the new Stratocaster for Rock Band 3, the one that is a real guitar and you play the song for real - that has been keeping me up late as well... What are you playing?
Who would have ever thought video games would be keeping grown men up so late... Maybe we need an XBox subforum?? Lol.

they should come out with a fishing game about alaska too, then we can talk about it on the xbox sub forum!

I have been playing homefront..........decent game.

Latest posts