Cell phones in Kotz??

BruceB

Reaction score
Do cell phones work IN Kotz? I know they won't work in the bush but do they work in town? I looked at T-Mobiles and Verizon's and Cingular's web sites and they all say they have no coverage up there but I read a post somewhere that said they did.
What do you know for sure?
Thanks
Bruce

BruceB

Reaction score
what vendor

what vendor

What cell phone service do you have that was working?
Bruce

theilercabin

Reaction score
Yes

Yes

I know some services work up there for sure. You just need to take it with you. If you can't use it then, ooh well. There's always the pay phone in the Alaska Airlines terminal or the Nullavik lobby. I can't recall seeing any other pay phones.

akfishinguy

Reaction score
Cell coverage

Cell coverage

I can tell you that Cingular does not work up there. My phone through ACS Wireless worked fine in Kotz. However, my friend who was up from Oklahoma and who has service through Cingular, his wouldn't work at all.

francko

Reaction score
yes mine worked

yes mine worked

I was just there in Septemeber and my ACS pre-paid phone worked fine. However, it seemed that they charged me double on my my minute usage.

alaskalouie

Reaction score
Sat Phone

Sat Phone

Bought one this year works every where no excuse to be out and about in this day and age without 1. Cell phones will work these days around most Towns and Vills. Kots Shish Nome Cape Hope.
Louie

Latest posts