Cabins in Parks

red owl

Reaction score
Alaska has a lot of parks where you can rent a remote cabin for a few days, etc. but you need to fly in. I live in the lower 48 so first I need to fly into Anchorage or Fairbanks, etc. and then a float plane to one of these cabins. I don't know who to contact or what the rate would be. I figure a cabin close to one of the float plane operations would cost less but the other thing- I'm myself. It seems a lot of things require a group.
I don't know how to proceed, any help appreciated.

upstreamV

Reaction score
A fly in cabin is top adventure. The remote federal cabins are in high demand. If you are not able to secure a reservation to one of these cabins know that it is possible to paddle a rental canoe to several state park cabins. These cabins are not very remote. The wilderness factor is not the same, but the cost will be much less, and the chance to secure a reservation much greater. This might be a suitable plan B for you depending upon your desire for true remote settings. Look for Alaska State Park cabins.

kasilofchrisn

Reaction score
What kind of adventure are you looking for?
Are you a hiker?
Fisherman?
Hunter?
Just looking for peace and quiet?
There are remote cabins you can fly into there's also some you hike into.
There are also cabins that you take a boat or water taxi to get to.
Some of these cabins offer a multitude of activities and other ones are somewhat limited.
If we knew more about what you were interested in doing it would be easier to suggest a cabin that you might enjoy.
And depending on the cabin that will determine how you get there.

SmokeRoss

Reaction score
There are lots of cabins to rent. Some are easier to get to than others. You need to book the day they become available. The Refuge has cabins to rent as does the Forest Service.