Cabelas guarantee

alottabs

Reaction score
Tupper Lake, NEW YORK IN THE CENTER OF THE ADIROND
I just wanted to give Cabelas a pat on the back for their great guarantee. I had a pair of Meindl boots that had a stitching problem in the heel and I sent them in to be looked at asking if there was any credit that I could get for this problem. I told them that I had the boots for two years with only minimum use. They sent me a brand new pair no questions asked!!!Pretty hard to beat customer service like that. THANKS Cabelas!

Daveinthebush

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I first moved to Elim (about 96 miles SE of Nome) I ordered a knife, artic boots and a Windshear parka with a liner(about $500 of stuff). It never showed up. I called them and asked when it shipped and told them that I had not received it. They duplicated the order and said if I get a duplicate to return one. The second order never came. Cabela's has always stood by their products for me.

BRWNBR

Reaction score
They have set the bar almost
Outa reach of other companies. Leupold is the other one that amazes me.

quest32a

Reaction score
They have set the bar almost
Outa reach of other companies. Leupold is the other one that amazes me.

Agreed on the Leupold part. Soaked a rangefinder in my washing machine, let them know what happened and they still sent me a new one . I was hoping at best to have to pay for repairs.

Needless to say since then I now own a vx3, and a vx6. Probably won't stray from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tlingitwarrior

Reaction score
I had a pair of Meindels that i put 5 hard seasons on. Had an issue with the sole and they gave me brand new boots.

Milo

Reaction score
They downgraded their warranty several years ago to only 90 days for non-Cabela brand merchandise. They are still better than many, but not as good as they used to be.

4merguide

Reaction score
They downgraded their warranty several years ago to only 90 days for non-Cabela brand merchandise. They are still better than many, but not as good as they used to be.

Well, after awhile people started abusing their system. For many years the "Canada Hunter" boots were the boots to buy. Of course they warrantied them against leaking. So if they leaked you sent them back and they would send you a new pair. But people ended up doing it after years and years and never have to buy another pair of boots. So you can't blame them for doing something about that. I'm actually surprised that they stood by tlingitwarrior's boots after 5 years. But as he said they had very little use and they probably could see that.....

Milo

Reaction score
Well, after awhile people started abusing their system. For many years the "Canada Hunter" boots were the boots to buy. Of course they warrantied them against leaking. So if they leaked you sent them back and they would send you a new pair. But people ended up doing it after years and years and never have to buy another pair of boots. So you can't blame them for doing something about that. I'm actually surprised that they stood by tlingitwarrior's boots after 5 years. But as he said they had very little use and they probably could see that.....

I did not say people didn't scam the system - just pointed out that they cheapened it up. It is not what it once was and people should be clear on what their warranty does NOT cover.
The other companies that still offer completely unlimited returns will do the same in time, or inflate prices to offset their losses. It's why we can't have nothing nice.

Daveinthebush

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kind of off topic but last time I got my oil changed by a Ford dealer they found that my oil pan plug was stripped and that I needed a new oil pan. Since I only had the oil changed by Ford, why should I have to pay for a new pan if they stripped it? "That's a workmanship issue. We don't cover those problems."

Maybe Cabela's should start selling trucks.

bkmail

Reaction score
LL Bean has the unconditional guarantee, even free shipping to AK.
Never a complaint with Cabelas as they have stood by everything I have ever had an issue with.
Hoping it continues with the acquisition by BP.
Bk

Gary

Reaction score
The only warranty problem I've ever had with Cabelas was when I purchased a MTO50 jacket. It was alleged to be waterproof. Of course I bought in over the winter and didn't discover just how "waterproof" it wasn't until a November Kodiak hunt. They did take it back and sent me a new one, but told me that they wouldn't do so again. Unfortunately I had thought that I just got a bad product on the first one. I'm a firm believer in HH, now.

Milo

Reaction score
The only warranty problem I've ever had with Cabelas was when I purchased a MTO50 jacket. It was alleged to be waterproof. Of course I bought in over the winter and didn't discover just how "waterproof" it wasn't until a November Kodiak hunt. They did take it back and sent me a new one, but told me that they wouldn't do so again. Unfortunately I had thought that I just got a bad product on the first one. I'm a firm believer in HH, now.

Last pair of HH I bought from Cabelas peeled apart on day 1 of a 10 day sheep hunt. Similar to you, I purchased in winter and used them the first time in August. That's when I learned they no longer warranty past 90 days. Helly took care of it, but it was a bit painful to get to the right people in Seattle and make that happen.

4merguide

Reaction score
Kind of off topic but last time I got my oil changed by a Ford dealer they found that my oil pan plug was stripped and that I needed a new oil pan. Since I only had the oil changed by Ford, why should I have to pay for a new pan if they stripped it? "That's a workmanship issue. We don't cover those problems."

Maybe Cabela's should start selling trucks.

Off topic again....Just found out that our Toyota Rav that we gave our daughter for her college graduation present had 2 stripped head bolts so had a leaking head gasket. After some research we found out that Toyota knew of this problem that affected a few models and VIN numbers but didn't do a recall. Talk about some real BS. Engine only had 130k on it....

Gulkana Rafting

Reaction score
The word is Bass Pro may be backing out of finalizing the buy out of Cabelas due to lack of $$. I have a relative in management at Cabelas and that is the current discussion.

Walt
Northwest Alaska Back Country Outfitters
Float Hunts and Drop Camps

akhunter4811

Reaction score
how weatherproof is cabelas with 4most dry plus? I have been researching gear for a spring kodiak bear hunt.....ex-wife stole my hunting gear during the divorce.

BRWNBR

Reaction score
That was kinda tongue n cheek. Helly Hansen. Duct tape and a tube of aqua seal will do you just fine. I won't buy rain gear with cabelas name on it. Heard to many clients swearing at it over the years.