Buying Winter Kings

SmokeRoss

Reaction score
Is there any place in Homer where I can buy fresh caught Winter King? I checked here in Kenai and haven't found any.

Brian M

***** Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The only commercial fishery is in Southeast, so at the very least you wouldn't find any locally caught kings for purchase in Homer. I'd bet that New Sagaya in Anchorage has them on occasion, but no idea on the Homer area.

akdeweyj

Reaction score
Is there any place in Homer where I can buy fresh caught Winter King? I checked here in Kenai and haven't found any.
I was looking for something else on Costco.com today but found they have "Northwest Fish Wild White King Salmon" fillets for $22 per pound. No idea where they come from but they are shown as "wild caught" & troll caught so maybe they come from SE Alaska.

iofthetaiga

Reaction score
I was looking for something else on Costco.com today but found they have "Northwest Fish Wild White King Salmon" fillets for $22 per pound. No idea where they come from but they are shown as "wild caught" & troll caught so maybe they come from SE Alaska.
Northwest Fish is basically just an LLC holding company created in 2020 to be the owner brand of Peter Pan. No telling where the fish are caught, but they definitely won't be freshly caught as the OP asked. They'll be "previously handled frozen for your protection".

SmokeRoss

Reaction score
Coal Point Trading had some frozen White King from southeast. I didn't ask the price.