bulk ice in whittier

MRFISH

Reaction score
I gotten some bulk ice (shoveled into my cooler) from Fee's, the small fish processing place in the circle right near the launch. It doesn't look like they have large volumes, but you could check.

JR2

Reaction score
I just run up Blackstone and get glacier ice. It's a small detour but you can get 200 lbs of block ice for the cost of an hour of time and the gas it takes.

codhead

Reaction score
2nd for Fee's. Got a 170qt cooler full of flake ice for $20 two weeks ago. Nice people.

Anythingalaska

Reaction score
I just run up Blackstone and get glacier ice. It's a small detour but you can get 200 lbs of block ice for the cost of an hour of time and the gas it takes.

Yeah and then spend a bunch of time chipping/breaking it up.

JR2

Reaction score
Four bags of cubes at the gas station in Girdwood was $10... About 20 lbs worth.. Besides glacier ice makes my Margaritas taste better.
You don't have to use Blackstone, there is ice coming off all the glaciers, just have to look for it. I will admit that running up Blackstone is a pain sometimes but you can fill a cooler fast and it lasts a long time. I just use a screw driver and fish bunker and break it up.

Rob B

Reaction score
I'm with ya JR, we grab up the glacier ice whenever we can. Nothing better than some crown over glacier ice while anchored up in a PWS cove.

Ak Bird Brain

Reaction score
I get the glacier ice also. I keep a small landing net on board and let my kids dip net for ice bergs. If it wont fit in their net its to big for the cooler, that way I don't even have to break it up. Yeah pulling into the bay and stopping for ice could be seen as an inconvenience but when i'm out on the water with my kids I'm already at my destination and my time is free!

Tyin 1 On

Reaction score
Bulk Ice Everywhere!! I buy just enough to get the beer cold then stock up on all the free ice floating around out there.