Black Bear Sighting!!

tyrex13

Reaction score
Sort of... My mom lives up at the end of O'Malley and has fresh black bear tracks in her yard from today sometime. I'll try to get a pic before they melt away.

tyrex13

Reaction score
bearpic.jpg

Zinker

Reaction score
Man that gets my blood pumping. Can't wait for the majority to get up.

Truenorthed

Reaction score
I seen a black bear on Friday (driving home from work). I work in Nikiski. I couldn't believe my eyes ... but that's what it was.

kenaislider

Reaction score
Had tracks in my yard this weekend in Sterling. The sun had melted them out a bit so not sure if black or brown, but for sure a sow and cub.

Reaction score
way to go BRWBR everyone was grabbing thier guns pulling there selds out and about to go take off looking for Bears. You come along and break everyones hearts LOL..

SkinnyD

Reaction score
correct me if I'm wrong, but don't most critters leave more than one track?

Known as Pogo Bears, one species of south-central Alaskan bear is known for hopping around on one foot, leaving a distinct single track pattern. Should be confused with neither Yogi Bears nor Yogi Berras. "Hey, hey, Boo Boo! If the people don't want to come to the game, nobody is going to stop them."

tyrex13

Reaction score
I'll see if there's anything left of the tracks on Saturday to get a better pic with no shade, but bear tracks for sure.

BRWNBR

Reaction score
i'll get my camera out too, i've got piles of tracks look just like that one in my front yard...or at least real similar.
a ruler would help out to for size.
i'll be the first to admit if i'm wrong, but just looking at the pic i see a wayyy melted out moose track or something track but no bear track.

Hunt&FishAK

Reaction score
it appears to be the track of Gimpy the one legged alaskan sasquatch :D we can have fun with this but i gotta say for the record ive seen black bears out during every month of the year in Anchorage