Bighorse connects on 'Big-boar'. Southeast Alaska Brown Bear Success!

AGL4now

Unavailable
Reaction score
Nice Hunt.......congratulations. And I especially liked that there was no mention of the bears size. It was the hunt and the tracking that is important, not the size.

sh

Reaction score
gawd what a fatty. nice job and excellent bear!

knikglacier

Reaction score
What an excellent trophy after great effort and diligence. My sincere congratulations!

Roland on the River

Reaction score

Anythingalaska

Reaction score
Great story and great read, congratulations! Strangely, I never have; and still don't have an aspiration to hunt and kill a bear. I'll stick with blacktails and mountain goats.

CGSwimmer25

Reaction score
Great read Bighorse!! Very well written and exciting story. Congrats on the success and good luck with your upcoming trips!

martentrapper

Reaction score
It was the hunt and the tracking that is important, not the size.

By your own admission:
"Many times I’ve sought out these large, mature Brown bears roaming these wild places. This spring was to be such a time."

And since many others have posted size figures, and ADF&G takes skull measurements..................would be interested in the skull and hide square.

Good story. Good job on sticking with it. Interested in the dog. A springer? Did you train him to follow bears?

kahahawai

Reaction score
Great Story Buddy !!!! thats the stuff we live for!!! I felt I was with ya on this adventure, Thanks to "Alaska Life" for posting this story too, and congrats on a great old bear, hope his genes lived on for more hunting adventures to come. Thanks for sharing !!!!!

SLA

Reaction score
Excellent read, pics! congrats BH and Z !
Thanks for sharing Hunt AK!