• The Forum will be unavailable on March 27, 2023 from 8:AM to 12:00 PM EST for maintenance.

Better picture of the Tundra Truck

mod elan

Reaction score
fire

fire

Probably too far off the road for that "type" of person to bother with. Lucky in that regard. Can you imagine cleaning up a burnt up mess of a truck off the tundra? Talk about adding insult to injury.

AK145

Reaction score
Front Page...

Front Page...

of the Fairbanks Daily Newsminer today features an article about this mess.

majic101

Reaction score
the rules

the rules

well these guys should have to pay the cost to have there trucks removed by chopper!period! the rules are VERY CLEAR !!!BOTH 5 MILES AND NO ATV OF ANY TYPE OTHER THAN BOATS IN THE SAG.OTHER THINGS HAVE NOT BEEN THOUGHT OF AS WELL BUT LOOK FOR MORE FROM TIM MOWERY,,AND BLM ! i have hunted up north and do so by boat the legal way if yea wana walk 5 to get pack em five to recover, also how was the meat??did it get salvage or was it bear food(rotten) fish and game will be checking that rest assured of the possibilty of want and waste as well. to the list of fines.

and as for insurance coverage dream on this was an unlawful violation,and there again you all knew it was wrong, and the problems with your trucks are jus starting.

no sympathy here

you guys knew you played you lose cowboy up and pay

49 year resident of fairbanks

Bill S.

Reaction score
I looked all over the Daily Newsminer web site and could not find the story. What's the link or what did it say?

Wasn't ths started as info with a caveat of no bashing?

Akres

Reaction score
What I got out of the article, was that AK State Troopers will not enforce the non-motorized reg. It is up to BLM to do the enforcement. The troopers were in fact aware of the situation long before BLM got envolved, with no legal action taken. The trooper even told the reporter, that there were no fish and game violations made. Is this a case of selective enforcement, or do the troopers always ignore the non-motorized aspect? How about other areas of the state, where motorized vehicles are banned? Anyone have real life experiences good or bad, regarding this topic?

Crumm

Reaction score
Wasn't this started as info with a caveat of no bashing?
Yes it was and I quote:
Crumm said:
Thought you guys might like to see a better picture of the truck that is out in the tundra up North(Tundra Dummy thread). Lets not start another bash fest as I suppose these guys are very well aware that they screwed up.

When I posted that I knew it was a shot in the dark..

negative50

Reaction score
whats legal?

whats legal?

So if read the article right Lt. Folger from the Alaska Bureau of Wildlife Managment said they didnt violate any game laws, and if you read the hunting regs. is says you cant use a motorized vehicle for the tranporting of hunters, their gear or their game.( Bold print Page 101). So does that mean if im just four wheelin I can go blasting across the tundra? Is there another location where the law defines this better or is it just in the hunt regs.?

negative50

Reaction score
Air lift

Air lift

Couldnt these guys just have the trucks airlifted out? Av8ron from the wing bounce incident had his plane airlifted out for $3700." Well both aircraft have been air lifted out. Mine just hit the ground this evening. It cost $1700 per hr and it took about 2.2 hrs per AC." ( from supercub.com). I think that would be a small price to pay to have your truck back than risk leaving it up there and having it freeze over and not be able to get it out. Four offroad tires couldn't keep it from burying down to the axles, how big of a jack footprint do you think your going to need just to get it up on blocks as BLM has suggested. Or i guess they could invest in ALOT of extention cords and put a generator on the haul road, unless there's a head bolt near by. Hmm, I better get to Wal-mart before the sell out of extention cords!

AKBighorn

Reaction score
Is this a case of selective enforcement, or do the troopers always ignore the non-motorized aspect? How about other areas of the state, where motorized vehicles are banned? Anyone have real life experiences good or bad, regarding this topic?

My experience once was as a passer by. I had watched several trucks playing in a mud hole along KGB over a couple week period. I couldn't understand why this was apperantly ok. One particular day I was driving by and saw a truck stuck worse than the above F150. On the opposite side of the road in a parking lot was an officer sitting in his car watching. I couldn't help myself so I stopped and asked him if this was really ok. He told me that it is allowed by law to ride wheelers/snowmachines so he couldn't stop the trucks even though they were making a mess along the roadside. I guess I can see his point like it or not. On the other hand he told me that he goes to that parking lot on his breaks to watch the show and no ticket he could ever write would be as gratifying* as watching the stuck individual walk across the road and ask him to call a tow truck, LMAO. That would classify as selective enforcement in my opinion but I'd have to agree with his comment.

boarderfreak16

Reaction score
On the note of what mainguide had to say. If u really think about it this is an uprising for Ford (I own 3 myself) This is the type of thing Ford would pay to have advertised becuase it shows how much more capable a Ford is compared to a Dodge.

For the guys who did this! If ur looking to sell the truck after this whirlwind event let me know!

BigD

Reaction score
Look closely at the pictures...the Dodge was driven in the tracks the Ford left. The ground was weakened when the Ford was driven in which is why the Dodge broke through closer to the road.

AlaskaCub

Reaction score
A friend of mine years ago got cited by a BLM ranger for having left a mostly melted and burned up diet coke can in his firepit where they camped, and paid $350 for the fine. These guys better **** sure get more than that for creating 5 miles of ruts and a swamp hole in the middle of the Tundra.

Crumm

Reaction score
Look closely at the pictures...the Dodge was driven in the tracks the Ford left. The ground was weakened when the Ford was driven in which is why the Dodge broke through closer to the road.

Where the tracks leave the road there are two sets. The Dodge did not drive in the tracks the Ford left. The Ford made it 3 miles farther than the Dodge because it has wide aftermarket mud tires and the Dodge has stock narrow cookie cutters. The Dodge does not even have plates on it yet, brand new off the lot. Take a lifted truck with big tires and a stock truck off the lot and which one will make it farther? I might add that I am a die-hard Ford truck fan(own 6 fords)but in this case brand had nothing to do with distance.

AKBighorn

Reaction score
Where the tracks leave the road there are two sets. The Dodge did not drive in the tracks the Ford left. The Ford made it 3 miles farther than the Dodge because it has wide aftermarket mud tires and the Dodge has stock narrow cookie cutters. The Dodge does not even have plates on it yet, brand new off the lot. Take a lifted truck with big tires and a stock truck off the lot and which one will make it farther? I might add that I am a die-hard Ford truck fan(own 6 fords)but in this case brand had nothing to do with distance.

I still love the comment: had they been driving a Chevy.......

Latest posts