Best gaiters ??

normK

Reaction score
Gators....? As far as I know there is no open season on them up here.

brule

Reaction score
I've had great luck with the Outdoor Research Expedition crocodiles. They're reinforced on the inside of the legs which is critical if you're ever planning on wearing micro spikes or crampons.

iofthetaiga

Reaction score
Looking for feedback on the best gaiters out there. Had some a long time ago and they were junk. Never have used any since. Do most of you guys use them??? THANKS!!
Might depend on what your definition of a gaiter is, and your intended use. Then again, maybe not...

I've been using the likes of the Berghaus Yeti or Mountain Tools Supergaiters since the early 80's. Those fit my definition of a gaiter, and I wouldn't bother with anything else.

I suppose if you just wanted something to keep scree from getting into your boots some flavor of non-randed gaiter could suffice. But for every other application I'll stick with the above.

BrwngTi

Reaction score
I’ll throw in a vote for the KUIU Yukon gaiters. Been using them for about 5 years now and they work great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robAK

Reaction score
As mentioned above, what’s the purpose. Been using KUIU Yukons for last few years, no complaints. Might be overkill if your just looking to keep scree out of your boots.

AGL4now

Unavailable
Reaction score
Duck Tape works. I use and like Outdoor Research gaiters.

Roger45

Reaction score
I have used a set of fleece gaiters from Cabelas for more than a dozen years. They are soft, totally silent in the brush, and extremely comfortable with all my footwear. They have great water resistance too.

xcrnr

Reaction score
+1 for Yukon Kuiu gaiters - been to Kodiak 5 times, sheep hunting in Delta and AK range for 5 years, still going strong. Best piece of equipment they make in my opinion. OR are not bad... but my hunting partner has replaced his while mine are still going.

robAK

Reaction score
Look on Rokslide in gear deals. OR gaiters on sale. I would still go with KUIU tho. Might want to hold off on buying til Father’s Day to see if they have a sale. Hope this helps

Bear

Reaction score
Or for me. I beat the hell out of them and they hold up. They also have an amazing warranty!!!! I’ve sent some in and some dry bags for repair and they simply replaced all of it free of charge.

c6 batmobile

Reaction score
I can tell you not to buy the ones from cabelas. I've trashed 2 sets in 5 years. The first set was nice cause it zipped and velcroed but they blew out all the seems. They replaced them with some cheap junk version that isn't holding up either. Im going to the kuiu ones this year.

Carnivore

Reaction score
Another vote for the kuiu’s. Lots of miles no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Kuiu Gator fans... Do they hold up regarding keeping water outta the top of your boots when busting wet brush to get above tree line. That would be my main purpose.