Bears

AKBEE

Reaction score
SmokeRoss: You generally have great posts- but that one is truly funny!

surfver

Reaction score
Yes clearly there is always a down side and being in a relationship does not guarantee that life will become easier

i believe that life can be challenging regardless if one is single or not, though in Alaska one may have less choice about whether they want to be single or not

Last edited:

SmokeRoss

Reaction score
SmokeRoss: You generally have great posts- but that one is truly funny!

And I don't have to share my Winter Kings, Halibut, or Moose. No repairing someone's car, mowing their lawn, house repairs......I could go on.

greenmachine

Reaction score
Yes, but I also fear economic collapse, government corruption, and a tyrannical system which could possibly be even worse

if you're afraid of economic collapse - dont come to alaska. our economy is in the outhouse with no end in sight.

if you're afraid of government corruption, dont come to alaska - our politicians put the rest to shame in their blatant cronyism.

Last edited by a moderator:

kaybur

Reaction score
if you're afraid of economic collapse - dont come to alaska. our economy is in the ****ter with no end in sight.

if you're afraid of government corruption, dont come to alaska - our politicians put the rest to shame in their blatant cronyism.

In principle, these problems are quite logical - the state is remote, with a harsh climate and harsh conditions. And people prefer to move to a place where it is warmer, where the conditions are understandable and flexible enough.

stillapa12drvr

Reaction score
So, let's see;
- Initial inquiry was about bears....there's sound advice about bears on this thread; better advice than on a talk show
- Fear of economic collapse : if that's a consideration, don't come to Alaska; we're likely to be in the tank longer and deeper than other areas
- Fear of government corruption: Probably a fair amount of that here, but I'm not sure it's any worse or better than elsewhere.
- "Obviously around Fairbanks and anchorage is civilization."....having spent the better part of 6 decades in and around Anchorage, I'd strongly debate part of that assertion (at least as it sits now).
- "...flexible enough": Quite simply, that's the issue in a nutshell: if one is flexible enough to learn, to try something new, to put energy into making a lifestyle, to gut it out when needed, they can make a go of Alaska. If one is prone to worry more than do, Alaska isn't the place.

rooster85

Reaction score
Probably my favorite thread. <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlaskaHippie

Reaction score
If this fella is skeered of Bears, wait’ll someone tells him about the Seward Highway.

Way more lethal than a pack of rabid coastal brownies on a bad batch of meth...

arcticblue

Reaction score
Bears is one reason I might hesitate to move to Alaska as well as loneliness, cold, and probably there's few women there and not as much live music. However, I think it's possible that living in society during times of economic crisis, government corruption and or tyranny could potentially be worse than whatever negatives that Alaska may have. My friend thinks I should stick with thinking about Maine which I do think about but I can't rule out Alaska either
Everything you just said about Alaska is wrong. Maine is much worse. Music sucks, they talk funny, and the women are hideous!!

Latest posts