Arctic Man

gpaul99

Reaction score
Its about a month out now! Whos ready? Does anyone know what the conditions are up in that area???

kenairmk

Reaction score
I am ready. My stuff on the other hand, I am uncovering my motorhome this week so I can change the oil & such, get it ready to go. Sled is ready, trailer is ready. Have not heard a thing about the snow, let's all pray for deep and fluffy.

mod elan

Reaction score
We have received our fair share of snow out this way this year. More than I have had to plow at the house in a long time. Usually chinooks mess it up right in town here. Unfortunately we had some wind recently and actually had drifting around the copper basin and that just doesn't happen. Last time I was up on the summit and denali area was a month ago and ran into a ground blizzard in the middle of the day. We were dinking around hunting so waited it out in a cabin while it steadily worsened. After a couple hours we gave up and drove out blind. Don't know if there has been snow since, but if not it is wind blown and hard up there. Have fun at the party!

kenairmk

Reaction score
FAA webcams show snow(as in snowing hard) at Summit, lets pray for more of that.

Rock_skipper

Reaction score
It sounded like there was 4' of new snow on Mt. Hays when they had to go in and get the Mt. Climbers.

The long range forcast on the www.newsminer.com is calling for more snow for the interior.:proud:

Rock_skipper

Reaction score
The motorhomes and the sleds are already starting there trek down there, and this is only Tue. Looks like a party to me, lol. Be safe all.

Rock_skipper

Reaction score
If you did'nt buy a parking spot, you would have to stay at the Paxon lodge. Did that one year and took the machines over to 4 mile and did the drop off the hill onto summit, lol, what a rush. Its a hill you can't see the bottom and you yell BONSI and down you go, lol.

Rock_skipper

Reaction score
In town for 15 minutes and seen two unmarked cars headed back north with a person in the back of each car, not sure if they were transporting, but be careful all, they will get you. This is only Wed.:proud:

Rock_skipper

Reaction score
Serious traveling for those that were trying to get there yesterday, Some bad weather from Delta to Summit, hope all are safe.

hodgeman

Reaction score
Heard from a friend who went down and he reports the weather is making for rough driving....

I've seen more Troopers in Delta today than I have in the last year, so slow down!

franklinfleagle

Reaction score
arctic man was awesome the snow was nice and deep, snow comin over the bumper and over the windshield landing hard hits into it, was pretty fun out there...