AR15 Pistol

Akheloce

Reaction score
Well I ordered my new upper so I'll have to decide on a barrel length soon, I'll start a new thread if I go that route, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7.5 is impractical but fun, 10.5 is about perfect. I went with impractical but fun.

I can put 2 to the chest and 1 to the head at 25 yards faster than anything I've shot since the MP-5. Lots of fun and utility if need be.

limon32

Reaction score
7.5 is impractical but fun, 10.5 is about perfect. I went with impractical but fun.

I can put 2 to the chest and 1 to the head at 25 yards faster than anything I've shot since the MP-5. Lots of fun and utility if need be.

Thanks that's good info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eviens

Reaction score
Put a Noveske piggy brake on the 223, tames that muzzle blast nicely.

I took your advice and got a piggy break, all i can say is thank you.
What a difference it made, lots of fun to shoot now.

AGL4now

Unavailable
Reaction score
I run a NOVESKE built 6.8 SPC pistol with a 12.5" barrel and a KX-5 Muzzle devise. The KX-5 allows me to take coyote shots without hearing protection.

Lowrider

Reaction score
I've run the pig (the old one, not the KX-5) on 5.56 SBR's with various barrel lengths and they certainly do send the blast forward and maybe my ears are just very sensitive, but I wouldn't shoot them without ear protection. Maybe some of the noise is supersonic crack but it still hurts my ears. JMHO.

Akheloce

Reaction score
Yeah, mine is still loud, but certainly not offensive to shoot. I still wear ears,

If you want to spend even more money, the Geisele super dynamic 3-gun is perfect for a pistol- makes it a perfect short range multi-tapper

AGL4now

Unavailable
Reaction score
That is what I am using, with the light spring. In makes for a sweet walk'around pistol (Short, Light) but accurate and powerful enough for 300 yard engagements. Only down-side is, if it is a hurry shot......I tend to get my nose bonked by the charging handle....... (I forget that the 115 gr. 6.8 SPC has just enough recoil to bonk).

Geisele super dynamic 3-gun is perfect for a pistol- makes it a perfect short range multi-tapper

Akheloce

Reaction score
From the shoulder ... Ehem... I mean from the arm brace, I can reliably hit a man size target at 100 with rapid fire (body body head).

I've never tried longer, but I can hold 3-4" standing off hand at 100. 300 would be a stretch with the sights I have IMO (redfield red- dot)

AGL4now

Unavailable
Reaction score
I just mount it like a rifle, put the cheek-weld into the foam covered "PISTOL" buffer tube, everything is the same as mounting a rifle, but there is NO shoulder contact, just the short tube. I often run a Leupold Mark-4 MR/T 1.5-5X20MM Illuminated CM-R2 TM in a swing-arm QR mount. This is my flagship optic, I can't over hype this optic. This reticle is in a class all by it's self. http://www.leupold.com/reticles/cm-r2-illuminated/

From the shoulder ... Ehem... I mean from the arm brace, I can reliably hit a man size target at 100 with rapid fire (body body head).

I've never tried longer, but I can hold 3-4" standing off hand at 100. 300 would be a stretch with the sights I have IMO (redfield red- dot)

Latest posts