Anyone Fishing Homer for Winter Kings?

akgriz

Reaction score
We're headed down in a few weeks, anyone got an update on current situation with winter kings in Homer? Thanks in advance!

SmokeRoss

Reaction score
I plan to gout out soon also. Will most likely pay for a charter. Hopefully boat a limit of rock fish also.

Brian M

***** Admin
Reaction score
An acquaintance who runs a charter down there has been getting limits for his clients on a daily basis. Looks like it has been pretty good!

akfunhog

Reaction score
I trolled all around Yukon Sunday for several hours and only picked up one. Didn't see a single bait ball, so I would probably avoid that area.

tlingitwarrior

Reaction score
I am headed down Friday morning, will fish Friday and Saturday. Hope to post some pictures Sunday.

tlingitwarrior

Reaction score
Well Friday is looking like no bueno for me. I'll take a peak tomorrow morning and see. AKgriz you should have a good window.

FRI
E wind 20 kt increasing to 35 kt in the afternoon. Seas 3
ft building to 5 ft in the afternoon. Rain.

FRI NIGHT
E wind 35 kt. Seas 5 ft.

SAT
SE wind 20 kt. Seas 2 ft.

SUN
S wind 10 kt. Seas 2 ft.

MON
NE wind 10 kt. Seas 2 ft.

akgriz

Reaction score
I noticed that. Hopefully it will clear up for you, and hold for me. Last winter I spent 5 days holed up in a hotel with 5-7 footers, freezing spray, and a 4" coating of ice on the boat ramp! :)

akgriz

Reaction score
Had a few good days of weather, and these are two of the nicer ones we caught. Bluff side. Didn't see many bait balls, but the fish are there.

IMG_1420 1.jpg IMG_1423(1).jpg

AK Enginerd

Reaction score
Went down this weekend with the wife. Fished towards Seldovia Saturday, lots of black bass but managed to boat a small king and even a small halibut. Sunday we trolled bluffs all day with no success, only to pick up another small king (~5lbs) right off the spit on the way home. Did not see great bait anywhere.

Latest posts