Any Dolly action on Quartz Creek?

biglou001

Reaction score
Been wanting to go South for a day or so but don't really want to fight the crowds for reds and silvers. Looking for some fun catch and release for big dollies. I've fished Quartz in the past and had good luck. Just wondering if anyone has been to quartz lately and if they are catching anything. If so, are they hitting beads or flesh flies? Thanks

limon32

Reaction score
Been wanting to go South for a day or so but don't really want to fight the crowds for reds and silvers. Looking for some fun catch and release for big dollies. I've fished Quartz in the past and had good luck. Just wondering if anyone has been to quartz lately and if they are catching anything. If so, are they hitting beads or flesh flies? Thanks

They are in there but you might be fighting more people there right now than the Russian... Ok maybe not that bad but it won't be a solitary experience.

icb12

Reaction score
They are in there but you might be fighting more people there right now than the Russian... Ok maybe not that bad but it won't be a solitary experience.

... and it's only going to get worse. That big bright neon sign outside the new pro shop in cooper isn't exactly helping.

Heck, you don't even have to actually GO fishing anymore to find out if the fishing is good. Just log on or drive by....

6XLeech

Reaction score
The future is us...

The future is us...

...and, of course, forums like this! :lol::lol::lol: Good luck this Fall.

mhk

Reaction score

It is fishing well but was packed with people this weekend. I have never seen Quartz so heavily fished. I spoke to a number of anglers and almost all were from outside the state. Many were staying and fishing Quartz daily for multiple days. It is no longer a quiet secluded creek, and even the "secret" pullouts and access points had multiple vehicles.

Latest posts